Android Processes, Threads Slidenerd Style
- Programming Basics
- Object Oriented Java
- Android Basics: Activities, Intents and Fragments
The 3 primary ways of running an operation in the background in Android is using Threads, Handlers and Services. Though Threads and Handlers are primitive and involve boilerplate code, a more sophisticated way to manage background processing such as loading of images, performing complex computations, downloading Network data is with the help of an AsyncTask, This course covers the following items
- Processes in android, their architecture, operation
- Threads in android and why you can't use them
- Handlers and how they are superior to threads
- AsyncTask and how its clean and modular
- Handling AsyncTask lifecycle based on activity or fragment destruction
- XML Parsing APIs
- DOM API and a BlogReader app based on this API
Who this course is for:
- This course is best suited for you if you are looking towards learning multi-threading techniques in Android using Threads, Handlers and AsycnTask
- This course is probably NOT meant for you if you are not familiar with the basics of Android such as Activities, Fragments, Intents etc.
- 07:50What Is A Process In Android?
- 05:12Inter-process Communication And Data Exchange
- 14:32Inter-process Communication And Data Exchange Example
Once upon a time, my teacher asked me to write a program to check if the input is leap year. I went to my teacher and asked him "Sir, can you please explain why you wrote if(i%4==0)?". He told me to get lost saying "I ll never learn programming"
Are you like me whose teacher writes code and never explains why? You have finally come to the right instructor on Udemy who teaches you now just how to code but also why.
I have taught 100000+ people so far on my channel slidenerd which is rated as one of the topmost sources in the world to learn Android or IOS and other aspects of mobile development and general programming by several online blogs and forums. I have made several hundred videos on YouTube over the years and many of them are at the top of the search results on YouTube and Google.
I have real world teaching experience and a degree in IT Engineering. with more than 10 years of coding experience. I have won several coding challenges in the meantime. What do you say? we learn the how, what, why behind everything together?