Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database
- Download but don't setup the virtual machine that will be used to complete the hands-on labs. We'll walk you through the setup of the virtual machine in the course.
This hands-on course is the starting point for developers, administrators, and architects who are new to MarkLogic technology. It is designed to quickly teach you the core fundamentals as you explore what MarkLogic is, how to install and configure MarkLogic, how to create a database, how to load and query data, and how to connect to a database via programming interfaces.
To be successful in the course, students should have familiarity with databases, at least one programming language, and some web development experience.
The course is designed to be very hands-on. You will be provided with a downloadable virtual machine that contains all the software, data, examples and instructions necessary to complete the labs. You will watch short videos discussing a topic, and then watch short videos where an instructor guides you through completion of the hands-on labs.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for a technical audience such as database administrators or application developers.
- Familiarity with at least one database and one programming language is strongly recommended.
- No prior knowledge of MarkLogic or NoSQL databases is required.
- 03:09Introducing the Course
- 09:04Learning What MarkLogic Is
- 09:06Understanding What MarkLogic is Being Used For
- 11:27Getting Started With How MarkLogic Works
- 05:12System Requirements
- 00:02Download the Virtual Machine
- 07:44Using Virtual Box
- 04:39Getting Set Up
- 03:41Lab: Open the Course Virtual Machine
- 3 questionsIntroducing MarkLogic and the Course
MarkLogic University provides free technical training courses on the MarkLogic NoSQL database platform. Our goal is to make it really easy and accessible for anyone to learn quickly through interactive, hands on training. We teach people what MarkLogic is, why it is different and valuable, and how to use MarkLogic to build cool apps and solve real world data integration challenges.