Marketing Tips for Group and Team Programs
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 29 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a marketing plan for an upcoming workshop, retreat, or teleclass
- Identify key needs and preferences of clients/participants attending the program
- Understand marketing foundations such as the 5 Ps
- Communicate the benefits of your group or team program
- Identify the pros and cons of several of the standard marketing vehicles for group/team programs - speaking, blogging, social media, networks
- Determine which promotional strategies will be most effective for your program
- Identify and schedule your promotional strategies
- Identify your strengths as a marketer/business owner, along with the areas you are passionate about, and how that interfaces with your client needs
- Complete more than a dozen worksheets which will support you in creating a plan and strategy for marketing your next workshop, retreat, webinar, group or team coaching program.
- Identify immediate, medium and long term opportunities available to you for marketing and promoting your programs
- Have a group or team program which they want to market, designed or in the planning stages
- Have access to the internet and a computer
- It can be benefical (but is not mandatory) to complete part 1 of the Tips for Your Group and Team Programs which focuses in on design and implementation issues for workshops, retreats, team and group programs.
- Be ready to get into action with marketing and promotion! Marketing is about execution so you will be more successful if you are ready, and willing, to take action consistently
Are you a coach, trainer or independent professional who wants to run their own group or team program? Perhaps you want to launch your own workshop, retreat, teleclass, webinar or Udemy program. The Marketing Tips for Your Group of Team Program provides more than a dozen practical, actionable tips and a dozen worksheets to support you in getting “voices on the line" and “bums in the seat".
Group program success relies on you being able to bring a group together so marketing is just as important as a good design. That's why this program zooms into marketing, while design and implementation tips are covered in a separate program I offer here at Udemy in the 28 Tips for Your Group and Team Programs.
Group and team programs are a valuable way to scale your impact and reach, while increasing revenue. The 2012 Global Coaching Survey from the International Coach Federation found that 94 % of coaches said they offer 1 or more services in addition to coaching. On average coaches offer almost three additional services on top of coaching. Services include: Consulting (62%), Training (60%), Facilitation (50%), Mentoring (34%), Teaching (29%). Many of these require marketing skills to bring larger groups of people together at one time.
The Marketing Tips for Your Group and Team programs course addresses 7 key success areas for marketing, along with 9 tactical tips for filling your group and team programs. We also explore five promotional strategies commonly used to spread the word about programs and build your platform – networking, blogging, article writing, speaking and social media. You will explore what strategies and approaches work best for you and your clients/students/participants.
I'll also be challenging some of the commonly held myths about marketing group and team programs.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Describe the needs, preferences, and other demographics of your ideal participant
- Communicate the benefits of your group or team program
- Understand marketing foundations such as the 5 Ps
You will also:
- Identify which promotional strategies you want to use in promoting your programs
- Create a promotional calendar
- Explore opportunities facing you and prioritize them into immediate, medium and long term.
- Learn 9 tactical tips for filling programs
- Consider which approaches you want to use to boost your visibility
- Explore at five vehicles used to market programs and build your platform– video, blogging, article writing, speaking engagements and social media
The program includes almost 30 lectures, more than 12 worksheets, and several hours of video. Why reinvent the wheel? As your instructor I have successfully marketed hundreds of group programs including webinars, workshops, teleclasses, group and team coaching program, as well as corporate engagements.I've also trained, spoken to and connected with several thousand coaches, trainers and other professionals on group and team program issues, through my writing (I am the author of Effective Group Coaching), speaking and train-the-trainer and coach-the-coach work I undertake.
Ready to amp up your marketing? Let's take a look at what you can tweak and do more consistently to strengthen your marketing efforts for your next team or group program, whether it is a workshop, retreat, webinar, teleclass or group or team coaching program. Enroll now to get practical, actionable ideas to support you in accelerating your results and reducing your learning curve. We also use the discussion board to enable you to share insights and some of your own weekly commitments.
- Marketing tips are applicable to those running workshops, retreats, teleclasses, and/or group coaching and team coaching
- The program is geared for coaches, trainers and other professionals who are marketing and promoting group or team programs
- This program does not cover design or implementations tips which is covered in my Tips for Your Group and Team Programs Course
- This program is geared for people who are ready to explore for themselves the strategies and actions that will work best for themselves and their clients.
- This program is NOT for those expecting a quick fix, "silver bullet" or blueprint for filling every one of their programs.
- This program is geared for those ready, and excited, about learning, getting into action, testing, tracking and tweaking their marketing activities.
Join Marketing Tips for Your Team and Group Program host Jennifer Britton for this quick 2 minute overview of the program and who it's for.
Are you looking to boost your marketing around your next workshop, retreat, teleclass, webinar or group or team coaching program? Welcome to the Marketing Tips for Your Group and Team Program. Over the next few hours we'll be exploring practical tips for building your platform, creating a marketing strategy and plan.
This lecure explores one of marketing's most foundational frameworks - the Five Ps. This lecture will help you specify what you are offering through your group or team program - whether it is a workshop, retreat, teleclass, team or group coaching program, or webinar.
Make sure to download the accompanying worksheet to take notes as you listen into the 5 Ps lecture.
Knowing Your Audience, or clients, is key to not only designing, but marketing a group or team program of interest and appeal. This lecture explores several questions for you to consider as you think about your ideal attendee or client.
This lecture also has a downloadable worksheet for you to complete on your ideal client.
As discussed in Lecture #4 of the Marketing Tips program, Knowing Your Group or Team members is critical for not only design but also marketing.
Spend 15 minutes before you move to the next lecture reflecting on what you know of your client group. Identify what areas you may need to do some research around and who can help you with this.
This lecture looks at the core area of the One Page Plan, a central activity of this program. As someone marketing for group and team programs you may have multiple one page plans for your different focus areas. Plans are key in capturing data and also being a format which can be shared with others on your team (subcontractors, Virtual Assistants (VA) etc.
Make sure to download and print off several copies of the One Page Plan framework. Your exercise this module is to spend 15 - 30 minutes planning using the One Page Plan framework.
This lecture gets you thinking about and writing about the benefits of your program. Being able to describe your program is key to successful marketing of your group or team program.
Take a few minutes to outline what you see as the benefits for your progam. What can people expect to leave your program with? What will they learn and/or explore during their participation?
In this lecture we explore the different platforms you might be using - webinars, retreats, teleclasses/teleseminars, group and team coaching as well as on demand programming. We look at the pros and cons of each and also some of the benefits.
You are invited to complete the worksheet on benefits which has you articulate your top 3-5 benefits of your program, and then revise them in light of this lecture. Make sure to download the related Benefits worksheet.
Download the benefits worksheet which accompanies the two lectures on Benefits. What are the main benefits of your upcoming program? How would you describe it? How would others describe it? Take time to draft your top 3-5 benefits and test these out with others to see how they resonate.
When we think about marketing, we often think about promotion. This lecture provides an overview of some of the promotional strategies you may want to consider when marketing your group or team program. You will also want to go a little deeper into five of the specific strategies mentioned here, with the subsequent "In the Spotlights" around video, blogging, article writing, speaking and video.
Make sure to download the Promotional Strategy Roadmap which accompanies this lecture as an exercise.
Maketing Tip #2 includes an activity which will also hlep you get clearer on which promotional strategies you may wish to incorporate into your marketing.
This lecture explores using speaking as a marketing vehicle to fill your group and team programs - workshops, retreats, teleclasses or webinars. Three separate types of speaking opportunities are explored in this 10 minute video as well as some practical tips around speaking.
Make sure you download the related one page worksheet on In the Spotlight - Speaking as you listen into this lecture.
In this 12 minute video I share my own experience of blogging over the last 10 years, pointing to some practical tips around using blogs as a vehicle to build your platform, and market your group or team programs, or your coaching or training services.
Make sure to download the In the Spotlight - Blogging worksheet which accompanies this lecture.
This lecture explores four key social media vehicles you may want to use short term and long term for building community, and also alerting others to your upcoming group and team programs.
Make sure to download the In the Spotlight - Social Media worksheet which accompanies this lecture.
In the Spotlight - Article Writing, gets you to consider the medium and long term platform building strategy of article writing. As you listen into this lecture, consider how article writing could be a way to build your platform, establish your thought leadership, develop your tribe/followership and share valuable content.
Make sure to download the In the Spotlight - Article Writing worksheet which accompanies this lecture.
In the Spotlight - Networking gets you to consider how you can leverage the power of your networks (live, social and virtual) in support of marketing your group or team programs, as well as your business in general.
This lecture is accompanied by a worksheet you can use to complete the exercise in this lecture on Mapping Your Network.
Just as I would in any group or team program I run (workshops, retreats, team or group coaching, or teleclass) I like to create a pause at the mid-point to allow us to take stock of what successes and learning there has been in the first half of the program. I would invite you to consider the questions I pose here around your experience so far, as well as what your focus will be for the remaining part of the prorgram.
I talk about the importance of having one page plans completed - Be sure to download a blank copy if you do not have one on hand.
This lecture gets you to think about what are the "low hanging fruits" or immediate opportunities around marketing your group or team program right now. Perhaps you have an upcoming speaking engagement where you can promote the event, or maybe you have scheduled to post about it on your blog. This lecture gets you to first identity the different opportunities which are available to you around marketing, and then using the worksheet, identify your key branches immediately, short term and longer term, rooting them in your values.
consistency and tracking means for you in the context of your marketing of your workshop, retreat, webinar etc. I go though several questions you will want to consider when thinking about consistency and tracking.
Maximizing your impact and message is key in marketing. In this lecture we explore your point of leverage, or the sweetspot, where strengths, passions and client needs align.
Be sure to download the Sweetspot exerise and have it available as you listen into the call.
In building any business, it is important that our prospective clients get to know us, and what we have to offer. As they get to experience us, hopefully they like what they see. This then can lead to trust in our services and abilities which hopefully translates to purchasing.
This lecture gets you to consider what activities you are undertaking to boost your Know, Like and Trust factor.