- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 25 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what marketing is and how it is different from sales
- Build your marketing vocabulary and conceptual framework for marketing
- Define what marketing's role in the organization is and why it matters
- Know the elements of branding, why it is important and what makes a great brand
- Be able to speak authoritatively about the elements of marketing and branding
- Know a clear technique to create a brand architecture
- Create a style guide to keep branding consistent across the organization
- Conduct market research and understand why it is important to effective marketing campaigns
- Create buyer personas and use them to their advantage
- Build a customer journey from discovery to purchase
- Download course transcripts, slides, and exclusive branding tips and style guide templates.
- There are no requirements to take this course.
Update: Thank you for making us one of the most highly-rated Marketing courses on Udemy.
Marketing can be the spark of life for organizations. Many people however misunderstand the fundamentals of marketing. This course seeks to provide clarity about what Marketing is and how it works and how you can use it from a practical point of view.
"Business has only two functions – Marketing and Innovation.” ~ Milan Kundera
You don't need to be a marketer to benefit from this course. Being marketing-driven means looking at everything a company does from a customer point of view. Many believe that organizations should be marketing-centric - in other words, start with marketing before anything else to understand if there is an actual need for the product or service and if so how much.
What you'll learn
In this course, you will learn the core elements of marketing from a CEO / CMO perspective. You will learn:
What marketing is and what it means to be a marketer.
Branding and how to create a brand architecture
Brand promise, brand positioning and brand personality
Points of difference, points of parity and rational and emotional benefits
Example of great brands and branding
Style guides, why they matter, and how to create one
How do conduct market research
How to create a buyer persona
How to create campaigns towards your buying personas
Understanding the customer journey
“Marketing is too important to be left to the marketing department.” ~ David Packard
Once you complete this course, you should understand the basics of marketing, and how to think, sound and act like a marketer. If Marketing is your desired field, you should be more employable and valuable as a marketer. Additionally you will receive exclusive downloadable marketing templates, tips, guides and tips related to the course material that you can use throughout your career.
“The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.” ~ Peter F. Drucker
From our reviews:
"I wish I had known this material 7 years ago"
"It's amazing how much they pack in"
"Short punchy lectures and easy to follow format"
- This course is for people who want to expand their knowledge and expertise in modern marketing. It does not require previous marketing experience. The goal of this course is to learn knowledge that will make you more valuable to your employer.
At the end of this lecture you will understand what marketing is and what marketing does. You will also understand the foundations of marketing and how it applies to the modern day.
After viewing this lecture, you should understand the core elements of creating a brand, and a thorough process for creation of brand essence and identity. This lecture covers how to create brand promise, a brand positioning statement and brand personality as well as points of difference and points of parity. This lecture also covers how to brand both emotionally and logically, and use great branding examples to make brand architecture come to life.