Market Analytics: Become a Data-Driven Marketing Expert
What you'll learn
- Conduct market segmentation with 4 different techniques and find market segments for their product
- Create surveys and use survey responses in market analysis
- Set prices for products in the most profitable way using 11 pricing techniques
- Make financial analysis with NPV and IRR models
- Forecast sales predicting trends and seasonality effects
- Use Microsoft Excel at professional level
- Use IBM SPSS for automated market segmentation
- The course does not have specific requirements for successful compleation
- The attendees might need Excel or IBM SPSS to conduct practical analysis
Marketing analyst salaries can reach six figures, but not everyone automatically earns such a high wage. First, you have to have strong analytical skills. Second, you need to know market analytics, which blends marketing, data analysis, and financial modeling. That’s why the Scandinavian Institute of Business Analytics (SCANBA) created a course that combines all three fields. You’ll learn how to conduct market surveys, analyze the data, find clusters, set product prices, forecast sales and even more. You’ll learn to use Microsoft Excel at a professional level, and be guided through every example to ensure you reach the learning objectives. By the end of the course, you’ll possess the kind of knowledge that’s available only to top market analytics experts.
The course is 2 hours in total, evenly split into 3 chapters:
Chapter 1. Market Segmentation
5 advantages of market segmentation
Segmentation variables you can use
Descriptive and predictive market segmentation techniques
4 major market segmentation techniques: cross-tabulation, regression, clustering, and conjoint-analysis
Chapter 2. Price Analytics
11 pricing techniques
3 pricing assessment methods, including break-even analysis and the net present value capital budgeting model
5 Excel spreadsheet examples
Concepts of elastic demand, optimal pricing, and price discrimination.
Chapter 3. Sales Forecasting
3 major sales forecasting methods including moving average, exponential smoothing, and regression
2 additional extensions to the methods for in-depth analysis
5 Excel spreadsheet examples
Methods for predicting both seasonality and trends in sales.
The course has downloadable example files you can use for practice.
Who this course is for:
- Marketing professionals
- MBA students
- Business developers
- All levels of business analysts
The Scandinavian Institute of Business Analytics (SCANBA) is a business analytics consulting company with operations in Finland and Sweden. SCANBA helps companies and their employees to become significantly more effective and successful by implementing business analytics in their organizations and by increasing employees’ professional skills.
SCANBA provides a broad range of services, including training and certification in business analytics, data management auditing, business process auditing and optimization, predictive analytics implementation, and decision system management.