Introduction to the Threat of Piracy at Sea
- A desire to learn about maritime piracy
Many of the ideas that people have about pirates have come from books and movies. These stories are a mix of fact and fiction, but most of them are imagined.
But the fact is that maritime pirates are real, and they exist even nowadays.
This introductory course covers the essential elements of maritime piracy and will help you gain knowledge about the main reasons why some people chose to become pirates in the past and nowadays.
In this course you will learn about:
- The two main periods in history of piracy: Ancient piracy and The Golden Age of piracy
- Who are the pirates?
- Why pirates used flags?
- Which is the most famous pirate flag?
- What is the role of women in maritime piracy?
- The Somali pirates
- How pirates attack their target ships?
- What kind of weapons pirates use?
- What were the tendency in maritime piracy in 2020?
Maritime Piracy Overview course is for the ones who are interested in ancient and modern maritime piracy.
It will be useful for anyone who want to know more about this topic.
The content of the course is presented by interactive slides with pictures, videos, and diagrams. Additional resources are attached to some of the lectures in which you can find more information.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in maritime piracy
Why I choose Maritime industry?
Marine industry gives me the opportunity to work in an unique and ever-changing environment and at the same time to be part of something important. Because without sea transport, the world economy would collapse.
My educational background:
- BA in Shipping Business
- MA in Port Management
-Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
I have a professional experience as:
- Ship Supplier
- Port Agent