Manufacturing Operations – Planning, Management and Control
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 9 articles
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will teach you how to improve, manage, and regulate all aspects of a successful manufacturing operations infrastructure
- You’ll develop the ability to design and oversee an effective master production schedule that makes the best possible use of your manufacturing resources
- You’ll discover the basics of materials requirements planning, including considerations like lead time offsetting, bill of materials, and determining manufacturing order quantities
- You’ll understand how to apply the principles of capacity planning and management to determining capacity requirements and to matching capacity with materials scheduling and input/output control
- You’ll learn the best way to develop and implement a winning production activity control system that reduces WIP, inventories, and lead times, guarantees the correct execution of material plans, and ultimately meets all of your customer service objectives
- No previous knowledge required.
- Interest in planning and managing manufacturing operations.
Is your manufacturing business strategically positioned to outpace its competitors? The effective streamlining of your company’s approach to both planning and control is the key to cutting costs, increasing efficiency, and staying one giant step ahead of the competition. In this fast-moving industry where customer demands rule all, regularly meeting and exceeding those demands is vital for success.
Based on the instructor’s comprehensive and hands-on operational experience, this course will teach you the basic principles and best practices behind production management, including essential concepts like decision making, systems design and capacity, facilities location and layout, demand forecasting, resource and materials planning, capacity management and production control, and materials and inventory strategies.
Upon completion of this course, manufacturing professionals and business owners alike will have the necessary practical skills to improve both their personal performance and the overall proficiency of their company’s manufacturing operations. This course will provide you with the knowledge, analysis, and advanced practices your business needs to stay current and competitive as an integral part of the supply chain industry. It will also show you how to consistently meet customer requirements, and how to meet those crucial obligations with significantly greater speed and accuracy than the competition.
- Perfect for manufacturing professionals and students of manufacturing operations and manufacturing management systems at every level seeking a basic and more advanced understanding of manufacturing planning, execution, and control systems.