Manufacturing engineering - METAL FORMING
What you'll learn
- What is metal forming - Re-crystallization, Hot and cold working, Grain theory, Flow stress
- Rolling process - Mechanism, slip, maximum reduction, force and power, rolling mill types, ROLL PASS design
- Industry oriented - "How to make a production report for a rolling mill"
- Extrusion and Drawing - Basic concept, types and important formula, Wire and tube drawing
- Forging - Types, forgeability, forging analysis, operations and defects
- Sheet metal - Punching,blanking and other sheet metal operations
- Preliminary idea of Material science as such grain theory (Although everything has been explained in the course)
- Brief knowledge of strength of material or mechanics of solids (Concepts like yield strength)
- High school calculus (differentiation & integration) and trigonometry
- The most important trait - "A kin and curious mind"
"Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of professional engineering which involves numerous concepts,subjects and processes. Metal casting being one of the most eminent".
The main motive of this course is to make you understand the METAL FORMING (Mechanical working of metals) in greater detail without taking much of your time. The prime focus here is the rolling process. However, extrusion, drawing, forging, Sheet metal etc. will also be covered.
For the sake of better understanding. I have made the explanatory diagrams by myself because in many textbooks they look very complex.The language used in the course is very simple and to the point.
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Manufacturing engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Students and enthusiasts having interest in metal forming process
- Those who want to learn about rolling,extrusion,drawing,forging and sheet metal operations
A dynamic team spirited mechanical engineering professional having 8+ years of industrial exposure. "Conducting workshops & engaging in teaching activities is the key ingredients of life".
Certified to provide training on various software,science & engineering related topics.
AutoDesk Certified Professional,AutoDesk Fusion Certified user, ClearFit Certified Team Leader, Industrial Consultant and a keen enthusiast of stargazing.
E-learning is such a supplement which can nourish you without being physically present :)