Manufacturing Engineering - CASTING
What you'll learn
- Traditional casting process (Sand casting)
- Pattern and Mould - Types of pattern material,Pattern allowances,Types of sand mould,Binders and Additives etc.
- Gating system - Elements,Accessories,Characteristics,Gating ratio,Aspiration effect,Cores and Chaplets,Solidification time,Riser design etc.
- Modern casting methods (Die casting,Slush casting,Shell moulding,Centrifugal casting,Investment casting)
- BONUS - Grain behavior in casting,Casting defects
- Preliminary idea of Material science and a little bit of high school chemistry (Although everything has been explained in the course)
- The most important trait - "A kin and curious mind"
"Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of professional engineering which involves numerous concepts,subjects and processes. Metal casting being one of the most eminent".
The main motive of this course is to make you understand the CASTING process in greater detail without taking much of your time. The prime focus here is the traditional casting process (Sand casting). However, modern casting techniques as such Die casting, Centrifugal casting, Investment casting etc. will also be covered.
For the sake of better understanding. I have made the explanatory diagrams by myself because in many textbooks they look very complex.The language used in the course is very simple and to the point. ENROLL Now !!
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Manufacturing engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Students and enthusiasts having interest in foundry technology
I'm J Aatish Rao, an experienced mechanical engineer and consultant with over 10 years of industry experience. I am an AutoDesk Certified Professional and Fusion 360 Certified User, specializing in teaching and mentoring students globally.
My passion lies in conducting workshops and engaging in teaching activities to inspire and empower the next generation of engineers. With a dynamic and team-spirited approach, I bring 10+ years of industrial exposure to my instruction.
I am certified to provide training on various software, science, and engineering topics, offering comprehensive guidance across disciplines. As a ClearFit Certified Team Leader and Industrial Consultant, I bring strong leadership skills and expertise to the table.
Beyond my professional pursuits, I am also an avid stargazer, constantly fascinated by the wonders of the universe.
Let us embark on a journey of knowledge and skill development in mechanical engineering together.