Manual Testing with practical examples in live applications
What you'll learn
- Understanding fundamental concepts in software testing, including software testing objectives, processes, test strategies and testing techniques.
- Understanding the software testing processes and manual testing processes like Unit testing, Integration testing, system testing, re-testing, regression testing
- Learn to plan a testing projects, design test cases and data, conduct testing operations, manage defects and generate test report.
- Conduct UI Testing, Usability Testing, Load Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing and Compatibility Testing etc.,
- Defect Reporting process and Defect management process.
- Implementing Testing Process using tools like ALM(Quality Center)
- There is no technical and programming knowledge required for this course, minimal knowledge on software applications is enough.
About the Course
Manual Testing course will cover software testing concepts, SDLC, STLC, Agile Testing, Effective Testing methods, QA Process , TestCase writing, TestCase Execution, Defect Reporting , Defect Management and Test Management tools like ALM/Quality Center.
After the completion of the Manual Testing course, you will be able to:
· Understand fundamental concepts in software testing, including software testing objectives, processes, test strategies and testing techniques.
· Understand the software testing processes and manual testing processes like Unit testing, Integration testing, system testing, re-testing, regression testing and system integration testing and UAT etc.,
· Learn to plan a testing projects, design test cases and data, conduct testing operations, manage defects and generate test report.
· Learn to conduct UI Testing, Usability Testing, Load Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing and Compatibility Testing etc.,
· Learn Defect Reporting process and Defect management process.
· Learn implementing Testing Process using tools like ALM(Quality Center) and JIRA.
Who can join this course?
This is a foundation course for any Fresh Graduates, Students and working professionals who want to learn and gain knowledge on software testing.
There is no technical and no programming knowledge required for this course, minimal knowledge on software applications is enough.
Towards the end of the Course, you will learn working on a live project.
Software Testing Overview
· Introduction to Software Testing
· Objectives of Testing
· Software Development Process
· Project vs. Product
· Error / Fault / Failure
· Why Software has defects?
· Most common defects
· Cost of fixing defects
· Testing then … and Testing now…
· What is Verification & Validation
· Difference between QA & QC
· Role of a Tester
Principles of Testing
· Early Testing
· Exhaustive Testing Impossible
· Defect Clustering
· Pesticide Paradox
· Testing is Context Dependant
· Testing Should Show Presence of Defects
· Absence of Error is a Fallacy
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· SDLC Phases
· SDLC Models
o Waterfall Model o V Mode
o Agile Model
Software Testing Methodologies
· Static Testing
· White Box Testing
· Black Box Testing
· Gray Box Testing
Static Testing Techniques
· Types of Reviews
· Inspections & Audits
White Box Testing
· Unit Testing
· Integration Testing
Black Box Testing
· System Testing
· User Acceptance Testing(UAT) o Alpha Testing
o Beta Testing
System Testing and Types of System Testing
· Smoke / Sanity Testing
· Formal Testing
· Priority Based/Risk Based Testing
· Ad-hoc Testing
· Re-Testing and Regression Testing
· End-to-End Testing
· Exploratory Testing
· Benchmark Testing
· Monkey Testing
· UI Testing
· Usability Testing
· Security Testing
· Performance Testing
· Load Testing
· Stress Testing
· Compatibility Testing
· Installation Testing
· Globalization Testing
· Localization Testing
· Recovery Testing
Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
· Test Planning
o Test Strategy
o Test Plan
· Test Analysis
o Analyzing Functional Requirements
o Preparing Requirement Clarification
· Test Preparation
o Identifying & documenting Test Scenarios
o Test Case Design Techniques
§ Decision Table Testing
§ State Transition Testing
§ Use case Testing
o Preparing Test Cases
o Preparing Test Data
o Preparing RTM
· Test Execution
o Build Release Process
o Executing Testcases
· Defect / Bug Life Cycle
o Defect Management
o What is defect?
o Defect Classification
o Defect Severity & Defect Priority
o Defect Report Template
· Defect Reporting & Defect Tracking
§ Test Closure
§ Criteria for Test Closure o Status Reports (Daily and Weekly)
· Test Summary Reports
· Agile Testing
· Overview of DataBase Testing
ALM (Quality Center)
Overview of Test Management
QC Tool Architecture
QC Site Administration
· Creating Domain
· Creating Project
· Creating Users
· Mapping User to QC Project
QC User Modules
· Defining Test Requirements
· Writing TestCases in QC
· Mapping TestCases to Requirements
· Exporting TestCases from Excel to QC
· Create Test Sets
· Executing TestCases
· Defect Reporting & Defect Tracking
· Analyzing Reports & Graphs
This course offers your to understand software development life process and testing process from scratch, once you complete this course i am sure you'll become professional software tester in few hours. lets start watching the sessions and enjoy the course.
Also providing life time support, if your looking for job/on job support, i do support for your expectations.
My main agenda for this course - Every one should get a job in IT industry, who ever attending and completed my courses.
pre-condition : make sure you should watch the sessions in a sequence order with out missing even single session in between, this will give you more ease of understanding about concepts and experiences knowledge.
Who this course is for:
- Any Fresh Graduates, Students and working professionals who want to learn and gain knowledge on software testing
Hello, I'm Rajendra Chaitanya, having good experience in software development, testing, product development and management. I have trained more than 800+ students in off line and online in different platform with 95% success rate. Especially I am passionate about teaching and its my profession too. I have a dream that my explanations should be available in online forever and selected Udemy is the best platform for my dream so decided to add my courses and my first course which I am posting here in Udemy is "In-depth Software testing concepts with live application examples by following ISTQB standards".
Hope this course will helpful to fulfil your dream job in IT industry, please message me if you need any help for attending interviews, resume preparations and job openings and etc.