Statistics / Data Analysis in SPSS: MANOVA
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- • In this course, you will gain proficiency in how to analyze several different types of MANOVAs in SPSS.
- • You will learn how to interpret the output of a number of different MANOVA procedures
- • Learn how to write the results of MANOVA using APA format
- • Introduction to statistics course (either currently taking or already have completed)
- • Access to IBM SPSS Software (strongly recommended)
Multivariate Analysis of Variance, a popular but frequently perplexing procedure in statistics, is used to test two or more groups on two or more dependent variables. Mindful of the frustration and confusion that is often experienced with this procedure, this course was carefully designed by a specialist in quantitative methods (statistics) who has successfully taught MANOVA to graduate students from a variety of different backgrounds. Several students who thought they couldn’t understand this procedure were later explaining how they not only understood it, but actually found it to be fun!
Specifically, this course takes the viewer step-by-step through running and interpreting a number of different multivariate analyses of variance (MANOVA) in SPSS. Several different examples of MANOVA are covered, including:
MANOVA with 2 Groups (Also Known as Hotelling’s T-Squared)
MANOVA with 3 Groups
Post-Hoc Tests for Problems with 3 or More Groups
Equal Covariance Matrix Assumption of MANOVA Explained Step-by-Step
All tests include a detailed, step-by-step explanation of results, including how to assess the results for significance, with written results provided for each test covered.
Enroll today and be confused by MANOVA no longer!
- • Students seeking help with SPSS, especially how to analyze and interpret the results of statistical analyses
- • Professionals desiring to augment their statistical skills
- • Anyone seeking to increase their data analytic skills
In this video, multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA) is introduced and an example is illustrated in SPSS.
Tip: MANOVA is used when 2 or more groups are compared simultaneously on at least two dependent variables. If there is only one dependent variable, then the ANOVA would be used instead of MANOVA.
Note: The data files for the course are available in the in this folder (click on the download icon while viewing the lecture to access them).