Managing Project Work (PMI - PMP)
What you'll learn
- Recognize Direct and Manage Project Work process activities
- Identify the inputs to the Direct and Manage Project Work process
- Identify the tools and techniques used in the Direct and Manage Project Work process
- Recognize examples of outputs of the Direct and Manage Project Work process
- Recognize the purpose of the Manage Project Knowledge process
- Distinguish between monitoring activities and controlling activities
- Recognize examples of the inputs to the Monitor and Control Work process
- Identify the tools and techniques used in the Monitor and Control Project Work process
- Identify the outputs of the Monitor and Control Project Work process
- Recognize the principles associated with updating project baselines
- Demonstrate your understanding of the Direct and Manage Project Work, Manage Project Knowledge, and Monitor and Control Project Work processes
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Managing Project Work (PMI PMP) is course 2 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP). The course is aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK6) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Most projects aren't lucky enough to enjoy smooth sailing from beginning to end. Unforeseen events and difficulties usually crop up somewhere along the line. And these can steer a project off course. But don't worry, in this course, you'll learn how to direct and manage the work of a project. In addition, this course will show you how to monitor and control project work, to ensure work performance is in line with requirements. And how to leverage knowledge throughout the life cycle of the project.
1. The Direct and Manage Project Work Process
2. Inputs to Direct and Manage Project Work
3. Techniques for Directing and Managing Project Work
4. Direct and Manage Project Work Outputs
5. The Manage Project Knowledge Process
6. Monitoring and Controlling Project Work
7. Monitor and Control Project Work Process Inputs
8. Monitor and Control Project Work Process Techniques
9. Monitor and Control Project Work Outputs
10. Project Baselines Updates
11. Exercise: Managing Project Work and Knowledge
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.