Managing Microaggressions at Work
What you'll learn
- Understand microaggressions and their various forms. Recognize the impact of microaggressions on work performance, engagement, and well-being.
- Develop strategies to manage microaggressions in the workplace.
- Create an action plan to prevent and manage microaggressions, including building a supportive network.
- Use various strategies to advocate for a more inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Understand when and how to repair the damage caused by microaggressions.
- Understand how to recover after a microaggression.
- Use grace and forgiveness in the aftermath of microaggressions.
- Understand allyship and intersectionality and how they play into creating an inclusive workplace environment.
- There are absolutely no requirements to taking this course! Microaggressions in the workplace are widespread and common. It's important to learn what the effects of microaggressions are, and how to manage them. This course is available to people who are interested in helping to influence a more inclusive workplace environment.
- If you have experienced a microaggression at work, this course is for you. This course will help you to feel prepared the next time it happens, know what to say, and know how to protect yourself going forward.
Welcome to our course on Managing Microaggressions at Work: Speak Up, Create Change and Thrive! Microaggressions can be subtle, but they can also be insidious, eroding morale and creating a hostile work environment. This course is designed to help you identify and address microaggressions in the workplace, building your capacity to create a more inclusive and supportive work environment for all.
In this course, you'll learn how to recognize microaggressions and address them effectively, with practical strategies for creating a culture of mutual respect, understanding, and inclusivity. I'll provide you with the tools and confidence needed to speak up assertively but respectfully, and to promote a positive workplace environment that supports the well-being and productivity of all team members. I'll share how I have addressed microaggressions in the past, and what strategies work well and which ones don't work so well. Through interactive exercises and real-world scenarios, you'll gain the skills needed to create a more just and equitable workplace.
Join me and take the first step in building a more inclusive and supportive workplace culture. With the skills and strategies you'll learn in this course, you'll be equipped to manage microaggressions effectively, promote a culture of inclusivity, and thrive in your workplace.
Who this course is for:
- This course is particularly valuable to people who are likely to face microaggressions in their workplace, including people from underrepresented and underestimated groups (women, people of color, people identifying as neurodivergent, LGBTQ+, non-binary, immigrants and international workers, people with disabilities, etc.). This course will also help people who want to identify as allies to better support their colleagues.
- This course is for people who have ever experienced a microaggression and didn't know what to say or what to do about it.
Dr. Priya Nalkur is a Leadership and Executive Coach. She works with exceptional leaders to help them maximize their potential and influence. With over 15,000 hours of coaching, she has learned tons of tricks and tools for effective leadership communications, including how to manage conflict, make better decisions, have difficult conversations, listen effectively, and tell powerful stories. Dr. Nalkur studied Psychology at Harvard University and Communications at the University of Pennsylvania.