Managing internal audit engagements
What you'll learn
- Understand the different types of audit engagements that exist
- Know and apply best practices in audit engagements
- Provide internal audit services of added value
- Integrate the internal audit as a key piece of the organization
- Basic knowledge of internal audit standards
Internal audit provides services to the organization through the development of assurance and consulting assignments. In this course we will analyze in detail what are the differences between assurance and consulting assignments, the stages that each of these types of assignments implies, the best practices to carry them out and the way in which each stage is concatenated with the next to offer a provision of value.
We will examine, in relation to assurance assignments, the guarantees that internal auditors must adopt to avoid errors of appreciation in their reports and promote an effective "call to action" to promote the continuous improvement of the organization.
We will also analyze what are the deliverables at each stage, the different types of consulting assignments that internal auditors can undertake, the concept of "value proposition", and how to integrate assurance and consulting assignments to maximize the value offered by the internal audit to the organization.
We will also examine the possible limitations that may affect the provision of consulting services by internal auditors, and the criteria applicable to deciding whether or not to perform such services. Balancing the best interests of the organization while preserving independence and efficiency in the operation of internal audit
Who this course is for:
- Internal audit team leaders
- Internal audit beginners
I am an experienced auditor and investigator, with more than 30 years of experience. I possess an argentinian CPA, an MBA degree, a CFE and a Certified Internal Auditor among many others. I worked and gave trainings in all Latin American countries, the United States, Spain and Mozambique. I am an active member of the ACFE and at the Institute of Internal Auditors.
· Supervised and/or conducted forensic audits in the public and private sector in Argentina, Brazil,Colombia,Costa Rica, Guatemala, Uruguay & USA. Working for 3 different consulting companies during more than 8 years
· Led major internal audit departments and teams in three major companies during more than 12 years in total
· Worked as staff auditor in statutory, internal and IT auditor in 6 companies during more than 8 years in total
· Organized training activities in Forensic and Internal audit. in USA, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru & Uruguay
· Trainer of ABA (Asociación de Bancos Argentinos), from 1987
· Have trained Bolivia and Peru customs officers in forensic audit., counterfeiting and money laundering issues