Managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Implementation
What you'll learn
- Difference between Cloud and On Premise ERP application its advantages and disadvantages
- Different Cloud platform such as - Software as Service, Platform as Service and Infrastructure as service.
- ERP project implementation life cycle from a Project management perspective
- What is Business transaction flow.?
- Get an understanding about ERP flows - such as Procure to Pay , Order to cash, Accounting to Financial reporting business flow.
- The ERP platform to choose - On Premise or Cloud?
- Basic Knowledge on Project management
- Background knowledge about business transactions
Any modern day enterprise, right from small enterprise generally have or implement Enterprise Resource planning application towards effectively managing their business transactions.
This unique course is one of its kind, is packed with details towards effectively managing successful ERP implementation. In recent years, one also find ERP Cloud (Software as a service) products along with ERP on-premise production. Covers provides an overview on some of the cloud terminologies and concepts.
This course covers following topics.
Enterprise resource planning - Difference between On premise and Cloud (Saas) based ERP.
What is cloud and difference between different cloud platform such as Software as a service, platform as service and Infrastructure as service.
Which ERP platform to choose - Cloud or On Premises.
What is business transaction flow in ERP.
Business Transaction flows - Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Accounting to Financial reporting, some of the associated sub flows and variations.
ERP project implementation life cycle from a project management perspective.
Best practices in ERP implementation.
There is a flavor of Oracle on premise E-Business Suite and Cloud Saas ERP's, but the course does not get into the demonstration of these products as they are quite exhaustive and out of preview of this course.
This course is more about understanding and managing an ERP implementation.
Happy learning !!!
Who this course is for:
- Management OR Engineering Students interested in Enterprise Resource planning career.
- IT consultants getting into ERP projects.
- IT functional consultants who wish to gain knowledge on ERP implementation and progress career toward Project Management
- Project Managers who is looking to progress their career on to ERP project management
- Enterprise Solution Architect planning and implementing ERP solutions
- Anyone who would like to know about implementation ERP projects
Having over 25 + years of IT industry experience (Product development, Consulting & Training).
His last engagement was with Oracle India (initially with consulting and then with Oracle university) , which was for more than 12 years. Prior to this, had worked with Cap Gemini (formerly iGate Global Solution), GE to name a few.
Had managed projects and programs in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Intelligence implementations in the range of 3000 man days with revenue about 6mil US$ per year. These projects are on industry domains, such as Oil and Gas, Process Manufacturing, Hi-Tech Retail & Telecom across the globe.
Was awarded with "pace setter" , "best managed " project awards in recognition of efforts in project management.
He was also instrumental in design, development and roll-out of Graduate Hire program on Oracle Products stack for partner IT services companies in recent times.
Right from college was fascinated about devices and sensor interaction with computer, which made him focus on micro-controller in early 90's and that eventually attracted him towards field of Internet of things and Machine learning, AI these days.
Due to his vast experience, he has crafted varied unique courses in Udemy related project management, Internet of things, ERP & BI, Database modeling and design, SQL, Linux and more importantly on Cloud Infrastructure. Has plans to create more, as his passion has been on knowledge acquisition and sharing.
He is certified as
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Professional.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Associate.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Cloud Operations Associate.
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2021 Certified Specialist
Oracle Machine Learning using Autonomous Database 2021 Certified Specialist
Also certified in Python, IOT by NPTEL (Govt of India ) recently.
He holds a degree in engineering (Computer science) with MBA and a certified PMP since 2007