Emotional Intelligence: Boost Your Emotional Intelligence
What you'll learn
- How to develop emotional intelligence in a mature way, allowing you to better understand your own feelings and the feelings of those around you.
- How to develop a broad emotional vocabulary to enhance deep and meaningful conversations with your peers.
- How to use the feeling wheel to understand exactly how you are feeling at any given moment in time.
- The science of emotions and how they interplay with each other to create ‘feelings’.
- How to understand your emotions and map them in a practical way.
- A desire to learn
At times, we like to think we understand everything there is to know about emotions - especially our own. Whilst we might have a good grasp on our own feelings, we may not approach them in the right way. For example, feelings of grief and anger are often repressed, meaning they only show themselves in unexpected outbursts, which isn’t healthy for yourself or the people around you. On top of that, not a lot of people are good at registering the emotions of their peers. This can lead to a loss of social connection, and potentially isolate you from others.
In this course, we will teach the fundamentals of how to develop emotional intelligence and how you can use the science of emotions to better comprehend what someone is feeling at a certain point in time. The course begins with a simple introduction on why emotions matter, and how you can use the emotion feeling wheel to pictorially represent the different feelings someone might be going through.
This leads nicely into the next sections of the course, where you will learn concepts such as the ‘emotional bank’ and the ‘emotional scale’ as well as some techniques for better understanding your emotions and how to deal with them in a healthy and mature manner.
The course content isn’t all knowledge recall - there will also be some practical challenges you can apply in the real world to put your skillset to the test! Examples include the 14-day challenge, where you will monitor your ability to be emotionally intelligent in real-life situations.
The course then concludes with emotional management in tough scenarios, especially when people behave in an erratic and hysterical manner. This gives you the necessary skill set not only to read other people’s emotions but manage yours in a healthy way. This allows you to embrace everything you feel, rather than letting it manifest into difficulties further down the line.
Whilst this course is primarily a stepping stone for understanding your emotions, it is also a source of self-help, allowing you to embrace uncertainty and the feelings that accompany it. Enrol today if you’re ready to understand how to develop emotional intelligence and live a life of wellbeing.
Who this course is for:
- Managers and executives wanting to enhance the welfare of their employees by better monitoring their emotions.
- Anyone looking to strengthen their empathy and connect better with their peers.
- Individuals looking to develop their emotional intelligence, and how to embrace feelings rather than fear or repress them.
- Anyone looking to spot emotions by observing microscopic social cues.
- People looking to be emotional intelligence experts that want to take the first step in the right direction.
The Expert Academy is a specialist creator, publisher and distributor of high-quality online courses. We bring together leading experts from around the world so you can learn from the best.
Our experts will teach you skills that will have an immediate positive impact on your life. We help you learn from the very best.
Lahcen is an online course creator & marketer. He has been creating and selling online courses successfully since 2014. His clients range from solopreneurs to top elearning companies. His courses and those of his clients impacted the lives of millions of learners around the world. His specialties include: Course creation, Landing page optimization & Course marketing.