Managing migraine: A Guide for Parents
What you'll learn
- Learn about migraine in simple terms. So simple, you can explain it to your child.
- Get to know simple behaviour change techniques for a healthy lifestyle with migraine.
- Find out how to look after your child’s and your own emotional wellbeing.
- Gain a comprehensive view on what techniques help in managing migraine and where to get help.
- No requirements or prerequisites.
- This is a course for parents who either start figuring out the chronic pain journey and those who have been on the search for help for many years.
- The course is suitable for parents with children and teenagers all ages (recommended from 4 years).
'Managing Migraine: A guide for parents' is a curation of my life-long experience with having migraine and my learnings from working with world-leading migraine & pain experts.
This course is for
Parents who are looking for help in managing their child's migraine
Families on the journey to understand & manage chronic pain
How to use this course
As a flexible guide: Choose the order of modules based on your and your child's needs
With an open mind: Not all things work for everybody, use the course as an overview & pick your individual journey
As a welcoming community: Share your experiences, learnings, and questions in comments so we can support each other further
In support with the right tools: Throughout the course and also after, download the Happyr App (free on iOS and Android) to log your child's migraine symptoms and emotional wellbeing
You are the most important person in your child's life. Their go-to person for when they need help. Most likely, you will be the person who takes on the challenges of managing your child's migraine. Navigating different health professionals, understanding what medication and other relief methods you have to consider. This is far from an easy job, so let me tell you that you are not alone. One in 10 families face the burden of their child's migraine.
In this course, I am passing on my personal experiences and my professional knowledge about migraine in young people. For several years, I have been working with paediatric neurologists, pain experts, migraine advocates and charities across the globe. In the following modules, I am presenting you with a guide that helps you to manage migraine as a family. This will always be a very individual journey but I have curated this resource based on the latest scientific findings and expertise from the migraine community.
Let it help you in supporting your child with their migraine challenges.
Let me help you to tame the pain.
Who this course is for:
- Parents who are looking for help in managing their child's migraine
- Families on the journey to understand & manage chronic pain
Nicola has been living with migraine since she can remember. Since then she has been on a journey, learning how to cope with her disease. "I transformed from a child that was anxious and worried about her future to a resilient and joyful woman." For several years, Nicola has been working with world-leading migraine experts, patient organizations, and pain charities to advocate for young people and create this course. At Happyr Health, Nicola and her team develop playful pain management tools for children, teens, and young adults. With her background in healthcare, design, and innovation from Imperial College London and the University of Cambridge, Nicola is changing the way pain management is delivered for young people. In March 2021, she was recognized with the Women in Innovation award for her efforts to improve the lives of young people with chronic pain.