- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Recognize the role of technology in managing travel and entertainment (T&E) expenses.
- Identify automated expense tools.
- Identify methods for evaluating T&E expenses.
- Discover policy thoughts on T&E expenses.
- Discover safeguards for T&E expenses.
- Prerequisite: Exposure to internal controls
- Advanced Preparation: None
Although travel and entertainment expenses are often a small component of overall corporate expenditures, they are one of the highest inherent risk areas for inappropriate costs and fraud. Expenditures are a businessman's best friend but can also be management's worst nightmare if not properly handled. This process area inherently provides prime opportunity for unauthorized or inappropriate and lavish expenditures by executives and personnel. When this occurs, more than just dollars are at stake for the company. Uncontrolled and poorly managed travel and entertainment expenditures can impact reputation, operations and compliance areas.
This course provides insight into how to bring control and intelligent management to your company's T&E expenditures by bringing people, process and technology to bear along with best practices.
Who can Benefit:
- Professionals in the office of the CFO
- Board Members
- Internal Auditors
- Compliance Professionals
- Operational professionals
- Finance Professionals
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: Effectively Managing and Controlling Travel and Entertainment (T&E) Expenses. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
- Anyone interested in finance, internal audit, accounting or related fields.