Management of the developing dentition orthodontic course
What you'll learn
- Space management in the transitional dentition. Planning for Space Management: Nance analysis; Moyers analysis; Bolton analysis.
- Treatment Options for Space Management.
- Space maintenance. Space regaining. Space creation. Space closure. Space supervision.
- Management of incisor crowding. Treatment of minor, moderate or severe crowding. Serial extraction.
- Management of oral habits: Non-Nutritive Sucking; Thumb or Finger Sucking Treatment; Pacifier Habits; Tongue Thrust; Lip sucking or lip interposition habit; Mouth Breathing; Speech problems; Bruxism; Nail biting habit
- Interested in becoming an orthodontic specialist
This course will take you from zero to hero of the following orthodontic topics: Management of the developing dentition. Early treatment.; Management of incisor crowding and Management of oral habits.
Here are the main headlines that this course covers:
Management of the developing dentition. Early treatment.
1. Space management in the transitional dentition
1.1 Prediction of tooth emergence
1.2 Factors influencing time of eruption
1.3 Factors influencing mesial or distal drift
2. Planning for Space Management
2.1 Space evaluation and size prediction
2.2 General eruption pattern and problems of eruption
3. Treatment Options for Space Management
3.1 Space maintenance
3.1.1 Nonfunctional fixed unilateral space maintainers – band and loop, distal shoe
3.1.2 Nonfunctional fixed bilateral space maintainers – Lower arch, Active holding arch, transpalatal arch, Nance arch
3.1.3 Functional fixed space maintainers - Band and occlusal bar, Band and pontic, Crown and bar, Crown and pontic, Anterior provisional fixed partial denture
3.1.4 Removable space maintainers
3.2. Space regaining
3.2.1 Fixed unilateral and bilateral regainers
Molar distalizer with Nance anchorage
Sliding loop and lingual arch
Distal jet appliance
2 × 4 bonding
Removable space regainers
3.3 Space creation
Sequential selective enamel stripping
Sagittal expansion - lip bumper, pendulum appliance, active lingual arch, removable distalizer, headgear.
Transverse expansion - W arch, quad –helix, has expander, hyrax expander, removable expanders
3.4 Space closure
3.5 Space supervision
Management of incisor crowding
1. Classification of incisor crowding
2. Treatment of minor crowding
3. Treatment of moderate crowding
3.1 Preservation of E space
3.2 Space creation
4. Treatment of severe crowding
4.1 Serial extraction
4.2 Treatment planning
4.3 Timing of serial extraction
4.4 Sequence of serial extraction
4.5 Serial extraction in patients with Class II division 1 malocclusions
4.6 Serial extraction in patients with Class II division 2 malocclusions
4.7 Serial extraction in patients with open bite
4.8 Serial extraction in patients with Class III malocclusions
5. Mandibular Incisor Crowding Caused by Bolton Discrepancy
Management of oral habits
1. Non-Nutritive Sucking
1.2 Effects on occlusion
1.3 Time of treatment
2. Thumb or Finger Sucking
2.2 Effects on occlusion
Removable habit breakers
Fixed habit breakers
3. Pacifier Habits
3.1 Еffects on occlusion
4. Tongue Thrust
4.2 Clinical examination
5. Lip sucking or lip interposition habit
5.1 effects on occlusion
6. Mouth Breathing
6.1 Effects on occlusion
6.3 Clinical examination
6.5 Muscular extras ices
7. Speech problems
9. Nail biting habit
Who this course is for:
- General dentists and post-graduate students
- Dental students
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is a renowned international lecturer and trains dentists from all over the world in orthodontics. She is the author of over 40 online orthodontic courses, which are attended by dentists from Germany, England, Italy, France, USA, Ireland, Mexico, Bahrain, South Africa, Kenya, Taiwan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey, Portugal, Egypt and many other countries.
She is the author of the books “Orthodontic Treatment Protocols” and “Everything about orthodontic treatment”. She is the best-selling and highest-rated orthodontic trainer in Udemy.
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is the inventor of an innovative method of applying stabilization arches during orthodontic treatment that significantly optimizes treatment time.
She graduated Dental Medicine at Medical University – Sofia and specialized in orthodontics in Poland. She learned orthodontic specifics from world-known lecturers like Prof. Adrian Becker, Prof. Stella Chaushu, Dr. Richard P. McLaughlin (creator of the MBT braces system), Dr. Giorgio Fiorelli.
She applies the acquired knowledge in her daily orthodontic practice. She has treated hundreds of cases in her orthodontic clinic.