Master Your Emotions and Decisions: Fortune 500 Firm Methods
What you'll learn
- Master your emotions and decisions using the best practices of Fortune 500 firm leaders to seize competitive advantage for their bottom line and career
- Free yourself of constant ruminations and numerous grey zones that plague typical emotional engagement and decision making, blocking your goal achievement
- Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the methods used by Fortune 500 firm leaders to master their emotions to make the best decisions
- Discover the dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases that lead to disasters in mastering your emotions in decision making for your business objectives
- Maximize your desired outcomes by defeating cognitive biases via science-based emotional management and decision making techniques used by Fortune 500 leaders
- Feel truly confident about whether you can master your emotions and make the right call in even the toughest situations to reach your business and career goals
- You need to trust best practices from Fortune 500 companies and behavioral science-based findings over outdated advice such as “go with your gut” in order to seize a competitive advantage to master your emotions and decisions for the sake of your bottom line and career
Your skill at mastering your emotions to make the best decisions will determine whether you reach your business and career goals in our increasingly-disrupted future.
Yet traditional advice to "go with your gut" in emotional engagement and decision making so often leads to disasters, as revealed by research in behavioral economics, psychology, and cognitive neuroscience. So how do the leaders of Fortune 500 companies master their emotions and make the right calls in even the toughest situations to maximize company bottom lines and advance their own careers?
They recognize that behavioral science has revealed that our typical approach to mastering our emotions and decisions suffers from systematic dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases. These mental blindspots, stemming from our evolutionary emotional background, often lead us into disasters. Fortunately, recent scholarship has revealed effective yet counterintuitive strategies to enable you to defeat these cognitive biases. In this course, you will learn about and address these dangerous judgment errors, while gaining techniques to master your emotions and decisions drawing on cutting-edge behavioral science and real-world best practices from Fortune 500 company leaders to help you and your team reach your professional goals.
After taking this course, you will:
Master your emotions and decisions using the best practices of Fortune 500 firm leaders to seize competitive advantage for their bottom line and career
Free yourself of constant ruminations and numerous grey zones that plague typical emotional engagement and decision making, blocking your goal achievement
Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the methods used by Fortune 500 firm leaders to master their emotions to make the best decisions
Discover the dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases that lead to disasters in mastering your emotions in decision making for your business objectives
Maximize your desired outcomes by defeating cognitive biases via science-based emotional management and decision making techniques used by Fortune 500 leaders
Feel truly confident about whether you can master your emotions and make the right call in even the toughest situations to reach your business and career goals
Sounds too good to be true? These methods were successfully used by Aflac, Applied Materials, Entergy, Honda, IBM, Reckitt, Wells Fargo, and Xerox to dramatically improve the skills of their top executives, senior VPs, middle managers, and lower-level supervisors in mastering their emotions to make the best decisions. Over the last two decades, I trained the leaders at these Fortune 500 companies, as well as at numerous middle-market companies and quickly-growing startups as the CEO of the boutique future-proofing consultancy Disaster Avoidance Experts. The secrets used by these companies will be revealed in this course.
Here’s a recent testimonial from Harish Phadke, the Business Manager for the head of the North American Health division at Reckitt, a company ranked #326 by Fortune, about the impact of my training on the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team:
“Dr. Gleb Tsipursky provided a truly outstanding virtual training on unconscious bias and future-proofing via emotional and social intelligence for the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team. Exceeding our expectations, Dr Gleb customized his groundbreaking, behavioral science-driven training content to integrate our initiatives, policies, and case studies at Reckitt, expertly targeting our evolving needs. We are delighted to have met Dr. Gleb, and look forward to future opportunities to keep working with him on a training series for the organization. I highly recommend him for anyone who wants to get a rapid grasp of highly relevant topics which influence human behavior in the prevailing challenging times.”
Here’s a recent testimonial from John Elnitsky, the head of the nuclear division of Entergy, a company ranked #299 by Fortune, speaking about the impact of my training on the leaders of the nuclear industry:
“We at Entergy hired Dr. Gleb as the opening keynote speaker to set the tone for the annual nuclear utility industry conference, hoping he would give a wake-up call about the threats and risks facing us and what steps we can take to prepare. Well, what he delivered exceeded our expectations. His keynote was the talk of the conference, widely described by attendees as giving the nuclear industry ‘the kick in the pants we needed to jump-start critically important initiatives to address the threats he outlined.’ Thank you Dr. Gleb!”
Besides such real-world, pragmatic expertise, I have a strong academic background as a behavioral scientist studying emotional intelligence, decision making, and related fields. I spent 8 years at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, first getting a PhD in the History of Behavioral Science and then serving as a lecturer there. Then, I spent 7 years as a professor at the Ohio State University, where I published dozens of peer-reviewed articles on this topic in high-quality academic journals such as Behavior and Social Issues and Journal of Social and Political Psychology. Thus, this course is thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research.
This combination of business and science led to my expertise gaining global recognition. I published over 550 articles and gave over 450 interviews for prominent venues, such as Fortune, USA Today, CNBC, Fast Company, CBS News, Business Insider, Inc. Magazine, and Time.
My expertise is also featured in my 7 best-selling books, including global best-sellers Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters (Career Press, 2019) and The Blindspots Between Us: How to Overcome Unconscious Cognitive Bias and Build Better Relationships (New Harbinger, 2020). Further attesting to my global renown, my work was translated into Chinese, German, Russian, Korean, Polish, and other languages.
That's what you can expect in this course: methods used successfully at even the biggest companies to seize competitive advantage, thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research, and featured in top media venues and best-selling books around the globe. The course features 8 sections with videos, articles, and assignments from the course materials textbook packet, delivered in the following order:
1) Discover the structure of our minds and why typical advice on emotional mastery and decision making often results in disasters, and how Fortune 500 firms get the best outcomes via science
2) Take the "Assessment on Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace," to help you learn about which decision making cognitive biases are most problematic for you and your team’s emotional mastery
3) Master a technique for managing emotion-cased problems in making quick and effective decisions on any choices where you just need a "good enough" answer
4) Master a technique for managing emotion-cased problems in making major decisions where you or your team wants the best answer possible, rather than settling for "good enough"
5) Master a technique for managing emotion-cased problems in making complex decisions with a number of different options that each have certain strengths and weaknesses
6) Master a technique for managing emotion-cased problems on how to avoid failures and maximize success when implementing major and/or complex decisions and strategies
7) Master a technique for managing emotion-cased problems on future-proofing your strategic decision making and strategic planning
8) Tying these all together, the last module will help you develop the mental habits necessary to notice and address cognitive biases and recognize when and how you should deploy all the techniques you've learned earlier to master your emotions
So why should you take my course rather than someone else’s alternative Udemy course? Simply because this course provides unparalleled value. No one else on Udemy comes even close to my level of credibility and expertise in the course topic:
As a trainer for Fortune 500 companies
As a behavioral scientist
As a best-selling author
As a globally-renowned thought leader
So if you want a lower-value, lower-credibility alternative, take someone else’s class. If you want the best, take this course.
Here’s another reason to register now. Once you register, you'll get the textbook course materials packet. The packet consists of my best-selling book, my assessment on dangerous judgment errors, 4 manuals on techniques for emotional intelligence and decision making, and 6 decision aids, all of which sell for over $50 combined. Fortune 500 companies buy this packet for their leadership teams to help them seize competitive advantage in their emotional mastery and decision making: you’re getting what they are getting.
Your registration is risk-free: you'll have 30 days to assess the course and get your money back if you think it's not the right decision. See the Udemy terms and conditions for more.
I look forward to welcoming you into the world of evidence-based, science-driven techniques tested in the real world of many Fortune 500 companies and numerous middle-market companies and startups. Adapt for yourself the strategies of Fortune 500 company leaders in mastering emotions to make the best decisions to seize competitive advantage for their bottom line and career by registering now!
Who this course is for:
- Current and aspiring leaders (executives, managers, supervisors, intrapreneurs, and entrepreneurs) who want to dramatically improve their ability to master their emotions to make the best decisions by using best practices from Fortune 500 leaders will get the most benefit from this course for their business and career goals, because case studies and examples are best suited to their needs
- Everyone else who wants to improve their ability to master their emotions and decisions by learning the methods used by Fortune 500 companies will also benefit from this course, even if the case studies and examples will be less relevant to them
"Master science-based best practices of Fortune 500 firms"
You are getting the benefit of my two decades of experience as a trainer and consultant for Fortune 500 executives, managers, and supervisors when you take my courses.
As the CEO of the training and consulting firm Disaster Avoidance Experts, I trained these leaders on my areas of expertise – cutting-edge behavioral science-based techniques in decision making, cognitive bias risk management, future proofing, and related fields. My clients include Fortune 500 firms such as Aflac, Applied Materials, Entergy, Honda, IBM, Jones Lang LaSalle, Reckitt, Wells Fargo, and Xerox; large nonprofits such as the World Wildlife Fund; government agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police; as well as numerous middle-market companies and quickly-growing startups. You can be confident that you are getting the training courses that they pay me a lot of money to develop.
Besides these two decades of real-world experience, my expertise also comes from a deep research background as a behavioral scientist. I spent over 15 years in academia, first getting a PhD and teaching at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and then teaching for 7 years as a professor at Ohio State University, where I published numerous peer-reviewed academic publications. So you can be confident that the information is thoroughly based on the latest science. My teaching combines Fortune 500 best practices with groundbreaking research findings on the contents of the course.
My expertise has been widely recognized in over 550 articles I published and 450 interviews I gave to prominent venues. They include Fortune, USA Today, Fast Company, CBS News, CNBC, Time, Business Insider, Government Executive, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, CNBC, and Inc. Magazine.
Publishers and readers also recognize the quality of my content. I published 7 books, including global bestsellers Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters (Career Press, 2019) and The Blindspots Between Us: How to Overcome Unconscious Cognitive Bias and Build Better Relationships (New Harbinger Press, 2020).
My expertise is globally renowned. My writing was translated into and published in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Polish, German, and other languages.
On a personal note, I live in Columbus, Ohio. In my free time, I enjoy tennis, gardening, and reading. I also make sure to spend abundant quality time with my wife to avoid my personal life turning into a disaster.
You’re welcome to contact me and ask me any questions at Gleb [at] DisasterAvoidanceExperts [dot] com. I hope to see you in my classes, and look forward to sharing the techniques used by executives, managers, and supervisors at Fortune 500 firms with you.