Manage Project Cost
What you'll learn
- Determine resource requirements for individual tasks identified in the work breakdown structure, with input from stakeholders and guidance from others
- Estimate project costs to enable project budget to be prepared within agreed tolerances
- Develop a project budget
- Develop a cost-management plan, within delegated authority, to ensure clarity of understanding and ongoing management of project finances
- Implement agreed financial-management processes and procedures to monitor actual expenditure against budget
- Select and use cost-analysis methods and tools to identify cost variations and evaluate alternative actions
- Implement and monitor agreed actions to maintain financial objectives
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports
- Conduct appropriate activities to signify financial completion
- Review project outcomes using available records to determine the effectiveness of project cost management
- Review cost-management issues and document improvements
- Basic knowledge of construction project
- Basic understanding of project costs
In guiding a project, particularly one in the building and construction industry, an intricate knowledge of Project Cost Management is critical in determining the project’s outcome. In reality, people practice many of the concepts involved in Project Cost Management however our course will allow students to fully utilise and benefit from such a detailed understanding of Project Management Diploma theory.
Duration of Study
The pace at which each student studies is different. The nominal hours for this course are 20 hours, however, this can vary greatly depending on your previous experience and study techniques. Student support is available by asking a question online or visiting our website.
We offer our support as a Registered Training Organisation.
As a RTO, Exner Education is responsible for delivering quality training and assessment.
Exner Education’s Project Cost Management course serves to provide an understanding of the theory and practice of project management in the building and construction industry.
If you would like to be assessed for this unit of competency, please visit our website for more information. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate of attainment.
We recommend that students purchase a copy of "A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge", Sixth Edition (PMBOK® Guide) ©2013 Please note that "PMBOK" is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners, site managers, construction managers, project managers, risk managers, foreman, contract managers, quality managers
Exner is an integrated education and consulting firm with over 25 years of experience providing an extensive range of professional management services to the construction industry. Our hands-on experience includes design and construction, expert claims quantification and management, project management, business systems consulting, value for money models, safety in design and risk management systems.
Exner Education is an ASQA registered RTO and is the training development and delivery branch of Exner. From its practical experience and knowledge Exner Education has designed, developed and delivered construction specific training over the past 15 years. Exner Education provides a 'hands on' practical approach to training, developed and delivered by people who have real current practical experience in the field and are qualified VET sector trainers. This gives Exner a unique ability to balance both theoretical teaching knowledge complemented with current 'best practice' work examples.
Our Training & Education experience includes the instructional design of training ranging from:
· safety and site compliance;
· project management including from tender preparation, claims management to project close out;
· engineering practices; and,
· corporate improvement strategies.
Exner Education has designed, developed and delivered training for both large and small companies as well as government authorities including, Leighton Contractors, Pro-Build, Grocon, Schiavello, MBAV, HIA, VMIA, Nicholson Construction, Johns Lyng, APM Group, Victorian Managed Insurance Authority, VicRoads, Department of Treasury and Finance and Victorian Catchment Management Authority.
Exner continues to develop its online learning 'experience' and provides a unique interactive delivery methodology which gives students world first teaching tools, combining Exner's practical construction knowledge with core theory to further enhance the students learning experience.