Manage Information: Windows 10 File Explorer & Google Search
What you'll learn
- Students will develop an understanding of Information Management as it pertains to Windows 10.
- Students will develop develop an understanding of Google Searching and Creating Bookmarks in Google Chrome
- Students will learn to use Windows Explorer to manage files.
- Students will learn to use Google search to find files.
- Students will need a Mac or PC with Windows 10 installed
- Students will need to have basic familiarity with a MAC or PC
Information. It runs our lives. But what if things were turned the other way around...
This is a course about Information -- your Information.
More specifically, this is a course about Information Management.
What's that? you might ask.
To me, Information Management defines three tasks: Search, Storage and Retrieval.
Here's how it works.
From out of seeming chaos (i.e. your computer disk drive or the Internet) you Search for and begin to organize Information. But you typically only do this once, because the next step is to Store that Information into well named data structures (i.e. Directories and Files) -- that support easy access. The next time you need the Information there is no need to Search again since the Information you need has been Stored for easy Retrieval.
This course begins with Windows 10 Information Search, Storage and Retrieval using File Explorer. This section of the course is Windows specific and addresses the following topics:
- Windows 10 Application Search and Pinning
- Overview of the Windows 10 File Explorer
- Manageable Directory Structures and File Naming Conventions
- Data Management Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- File Name and File Type Searches with File Explorer
The second half of the course addresses Internet Information Management using Google to Search and the Chrome browser Favorites feature to Store an Retrieve Information. This section includes information on Basic and Advanced Google Search along with introductory information on more advanced Search result Storage and Retrieval .
This section of the course is operating system agnostic and addresses the following topics:
- Basic Google Search
- Advanced Google Search
- Managing and Using Chrome Browser Favorites
That's it. Short and sweet.
- If you're just going to buy your 200th Udemy course and then store it away and never watch it, why not buy this short and cheap course?
- If you're actually going to commit to watching the next Udemy course you buy (i.e. this one) why not buy a short one (i.e. this one) that you're likely to complete.
- Okay, here comes a bit of a stretch... If you're willing to buy this course and watch it... please leave a fair and honest review.
That's it for your part.
So, what's our part of the contract? you might ask. Because you'll notice I have a partner this time out. John Hesnan of Galway, Ireland.
How about if we offer:
- Quality information delivered in a clear and well-paced manner at a reasonable price
- Exemplary student support after you purchase the course
Sorry, that's all you get this time... wait a second... that's everything we have to offer! Argh! Not again!
Seriously, take the course and see if it teaches you something. If not, there's always the Udemy 30-day money back guaranty to fall back on. Argh! Not that!
We'll see you in the classroom,
Who this course is for:
- This course is for all users of a PC or MAC who want to, or have just upgraded to Windows 10
- People who have acquired a PC or MAC with Windows 10 installed
I was born in the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California. After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happy ever since (for 40 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed, I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career, I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 10 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 48 online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and Skillshare. My goal is to provide low-cost high-quality screencast-based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada, with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
As well as achieving academic success and becoming a published author, John is also an award-winning Entrepreneur and Inventor with granted patents. John has extensive Business experience and has designed, patented and commercialized many interactive mechanical and software products which are endorsed internationally. He has represented Ireland at international design exhibitions and also won a number of business innovation awards. He now specializes in business mentoring, Life Coaching and Career Guidance.
John is also an artist and has held a number of exhibitions