Manage AWS Lambda functions with Terraform
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Configure Lambda functions confidently
- Use Terraform with Lambda
- Gain a deeper understanding on how AWS Lambda works
- An AWS account
- Hands-on experience with AWS Lambda
- Familiarity with the terminal to install and run commands
Over the years, AWS Lambda added support for ever finer control of how the functions work. That resulted in more than 2 dozen configuration options and that makes it hard to see what is important and what is just for a specific use-case. And even for seemingly straightforward ones there are usually not-so-obvious consequences.
Did you know, for example that increasing the available memory potentially decreases the overall cost? Or while the timeout can go up to 15 minutes, the API Gateway timeouts after 29 seconds? These are things that are hard to know just from reading the documentation of the service.
In this course, you'll learn the most important configuration options of a Lambda function and the best practices how to set them. You'll become confident when it comes to deploy your serverless app and you'll have a deeper understanding how the Lambda service works.
This course uses Terraform for the code examples and there are best practices that are specific to it.
- Developers who already use AWS but want to learn the intricacies of managing Lambda functions with Terraform