Manage Anxiety, Fear & Stress Using Proven Techniques
What you'll learn
- What anxiety is, what causes it
- The different types of anxiety
- How to diagnose anxiety
- What to do if I my anxiety self-test returns positive
- What constitutes sufficient physical exercise?
- 10 home exercises to help manage anxiety & reduce stress
- 10 out-of-home exercises to support anxiety management & stress reduction
- What meditation is and how it supports anxiety management & stress reduction
- How physical exercise can help to manage anxiety and reduce feelings of stress
- The benefits of physical exercise
- 3 meditations to help manage general anxiety
- 5 meditations to help manage specific phobias
- This course has no prerequisites, it does how ever expect the student to complete a self-assessed questionnaire which will help to guide you through the course
I have put together Manage Anxiety, Fear & Stress Using Proven Techniques as I strongly believe that many people around the world are suffering needlessly, and governments and healthcare professionals are often letting them down. In fact statistics from the World Health Organisation show that up to 30% of people you know will experience clinical anxiety at some point in their lives despite many people living more comfortable lives than ever before...
If you believe that you or somebody important to you in your life may be affected by anxiety, fear or stress this course is for you! It explains what anxiety is from a medical perspective, takes you through the different types of anxiety and even includes a self-assessment with instructions on next steps, along with information you can take to your friendly local doctor. This is very important, as sometimes anxiety can be incorrectly diagnosed based on certain symptoms. Not many Udemy courses recognise this important fact.
Everything discussed in this course is rooted in science, but I have tried to simplify the jargon so its a wee bit easier to listen to. As a fully qualified yoga teacher with over 20 years meditation experience I believe that much can be achieved by working with the mind, but I know that this activity must be supported by a heathy and strong body. It is for this reason that on the course you will learn to manage anxiety from both a physical and mental perspective.
This course is suitable for all students and offers a fantastic introduction to beating anxiety with meditation and exercise, but bear in mind that this is only just the start of your journey. If anybody suggests, that their course or school tells you everything you need to know, you may want to... well meditate on it. In the yoga world, we like to think that everybody is potentially your teacher, especially your students.
The time investment needed to see benefit from this course varies, but many people notice positive changes after practising the meditation for only 90 minutes per week for 3-4 weeks. This time is normally broken out into short daily, or twice daily sessions. It of course also needs to be maintained long term! Regarding the exercise, this can be integrated into your daily routine, and the amount you do to begin with will depend on your current physical condition. Ultimately you should be aiming to complete 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity such as cycling or fast walking every week.
Thank you for dropping by, I hope to welcome you to the course soon,
Here's to a bright life with a lot less anxiety, fear & stress!
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for all students, but primarily aimed at those who believe they are suffering from anxiety. Clinical anxiety affects 1/3 of people at sometime in their lives and contributes to feelings of fear and stress.
Laura has practiced yoga & meditation for over 15 years and has taught it as a fully qualified professional for nearly a decade. When she is not teaching clients on Skype she is traveling around the world with her family seeing friends, relatives and supporting charities / NGOs.
Whilst she recognises the roots of where Yoga comes from (Pre-Vedic Hinduism), Laura does not feel that yogic practice always has to aim for enlightenment. As a teacher she works with her students supporting each of them on their own personal journey. Be that to recover from an operation, or to become more patient with their partner.