Male Oncofertility: Advocating Your Patient's Fertile Future
- The course allows you to take notes electronically
- Have your speakers up to hear the audio
- Be prepared to ask questions - our advisory team will respond and you will receive an alert when we've answered
- Each lecture has a few short quizzes at the end of each section to help you retain the knowledge
- It's best to take the course on your computer
- You will be able to download supplemental materials
Male Oncofertility: Advocating for Your Patient's Fertile Future trains oncology professionals on the complex nature of fertility risk, fertility preservation and parenthood options, as well as, experimental treatments and handling the delicate nature of the conversation with boys, teens and young men. Using short video lectures with interviews of national experts, documentary style story-telling and supplemental materials, participants will walk away a passionate and knowledgeable oncofertility patient advocate - improving their patient's quality of life.
Who this course is for:
- Oncology nurses
- Social workers
- Oncology residents and fellows
- Anyone caring for pediatric and young adult cancer patients
Alice Crisci is a young adult breast cancer survivor, oncofertility patient advocate, clinical educator and mother to a fertility preservation miracle. She educates clinicians, patients and legislators throughout the United States on the often complicated path survivors face on their journey from cancer to parenthood. She froze 14 embryos when she was diagnosed with cancer at 31-years-old and heard her son's heartbeat on her 5-year cancerversary. She dedicates her philanthropic time to empowering others to preserve their chance at parenthood when facing cancer.