Using Mac OS X for Windows Users or complete beginners
What you'll learn
- Understand the similarities and differences between Mac OS X and Windows
- Be able to navigate around the Mac and carry out the tasks you need to complete with ease
- Be aware of many extraordinary features that are contained in Mac OS X that are often overlooked
- Get the most from your Mac and OS X!
- Access to a Mac running OS X would be useful but not required
This course is intended to assist those that are currently considering moving from the Windows operating system to using Mac OS X. This move often causes concern and confusion leaving people apprehensive about making the decision to move and worrying about potentially investing a lot of money in hardware that they are afraid they mightn't be able to use. This course will allay those fears and demonstrate clearly what the similarities and differences are and how anyone can make a smooth transition from one operating system to the other, regardless of their skill level.
The course is delivered using screen recordings of both Mac and Windows environments, comparing the two and showing step by step how to complete tasks using Mac OS X that you would be familiar with on Windows.
The course is divided into 6 sections and will take less than 3 hours to complete. Each section is divided into lectures, most of which average 4-6 minutes in duration.
If you are considering making the move to Mac OS X, or have already done so and you are struggling with some basic differences, this is the course for you! By the time you have completed the course, you will be comfortable with your Mac and be glad you made the decision to move!
Who this course is for:
- Those considering moving to Mac OS X
- Those that have purchased a Mac and are struggling with the differences
- No experience necessary, but knowledge of Windows is a bonus
- Those with Windows knowledge and some basic computer skills will benefit most
My background is in the IT industry, having more than 25 years experience in a wide range of IT services. I am a programmer primarily but also have extensive knowledge and experience in service, support, sales, business management, web design and development as well as many other areas.
I've been using Macs for nearly 30 years and also have extensive experience with Windows, having owned and run a busy IT business in the south of Spain for many years. I was born and educated in Ireland but I've travelled extensively and gained vast experience from time spent in many parts of the world such as Australia, Spain, Ireland and the US.
I also run an online Mac support service which includes a comprehensive blog with tips and tricks for Mac, iPhone and iPad users. I love to teach people about the Mac and to encourage people to move to Mac OS X. Those that take my advice always come back to say how happy they are that they made the decision to move to Mac. Clearly I am a Mac evangelist and love my Apple products!