Develop your Self Awareness with Emotional Intelligence
What you'll learn
- Develop your understanding of who you are; what your core purpose is, what your values are and what limits your success
- Identify how to manage your emotions and feelings more effectively to have the impact that you need
- Recognise the way that your regulate and control your emotions
- Assess and evaluate your behavioral preferences to become more self-aware
- Develop an understanding of the value of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and its application in self-awareness
- Explore ways to grow and enhance your emotional intelligence
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in how to determine who you are and where your life is going.
- A keenness to learn more about yourself, your behavioral preferences and your personality type. This knowledge will help you to have a better understanding of others too.
- You should have a willingness to complete the practical activities to grow and develop your self-awareness and your emotional intelligence skills
Making sense of who you are in the world involves a good level of self-awareness; knowing your values and how your strengths and weaknesses can support you or limit you in your life.
How you manage yourself - your thoughts and your feelings - depends upon how you well you understand your emotions, how control them and how use them as you make your way through life.
Understanding your self-awareness is one of the ways that you use your emotional intelligence. The course covers the awareness part of how you manage your inner world of being.
This course is a stand alone course for anyone interested in understanding themselves better and determining their core purpose, vocation or destiny in life. It forms part of a comprehensive course that explores emotional intelligence in more depth.
Emotions are not about being soft and fluffy, they are vital in help you to make hard, direct management decisions. Managing your emotions well can mean managing your life with more influence and impact.
In this course, we will explore the way that you manage your emotions and how this drives your self-confidence, your beliefs about yourself, and how you work with your life goals.
Within the course, you will discover how the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) can be used to develop your self-awareness. Personality preferences are investigated, discussed, and correlated with various leadership situations involving people. Additional, specific study methodologies and assessment techniques are shared so that you can build upon this, if you are interested in taking this further.
Your behavioural preferences linked to the MBTI are explored to determine your personality type. This will give you more self-awareness, a better understanding of yourself and others and will help you to make sense of who you are in the world.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains downloadable resources. There are quizzes and a series of interactive practical activities that involve some engagement with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Self-awareness cannot be developed through watching a few video lectures. The course requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are SEVEN practical activities included within the course that are designed to help you to develop your self-awareness. All the activities require you do some work outside of the course.
Reflecting about this Emotional Intelligence Course
Assess your Self Perception
Working with your Values
Emotions and their Management
Determine your Behavioural Preferences
Defining your Life Goals
The course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant.
The course contains a series of Lightbulb Moments resource cards, which have been created to provide you with handy reminders of key points around topics covered within the course.
All PDFs can be completed online and are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos are High Definition recorded in 1080p.
All videos have grammatically correct English captions.
Latest update - August 2022
Who this course is for:
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to anyone who is looking to develop their self-awareness. It will help you to identify your values, your strengths and your weaknesses, and self limiting beliefs. It covers the aspects of emotional management that leads to good goal setting that leads you to your core purpose or vocation in life.
- This course will give you insights into your behavioral preferences based on the research of Carl Jung and others that is used in the Myers Briggs assessment.
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 40 years' business and commercial experience. I provide knowledge and skills that help people understand themselves and others better.
I have the most comprehensive range of on-line courses based on emotional intelligence in business - not only on Udemy but anywhere on the internet. I am not teaching any other types of course as I am a specialist in emotional intelligence and it is the focus of my business.
My courses go beyond the fundamental basics of emotional intelligence covering many aspects of how it can be applied in day to day work to lead, grow and develop people in ways that build authentic relationships.
My work takes me into small start-ups through to large corporate multi-nationals and into the Public Sector with financial institutions, government departments and health departments, as well as charities. This provides me a practical understanding of how emotional intelligence works and applied in the real world, enabling me to keep up to date with relevant issues.
I'm a registered practitioner with the British Psychological Society and an active member of the NW committee of the Association for Business Psychology.
My company is Ei4Change (Emotional Intelligence 4 Change) - recognised nationally and internationally as specialists with expertise in training, personal development and coaching focusing on emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience in the workplace. Our emotional intelligence programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Over the last few years, I have delivered workshops at global emotional intelligence and neuroscience conferences. These have been held at Harvard University, at University of Manchester, in Cape Town, the Middle East and India.
I am the author of
- The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience: Strategies to weather storms and manage stress in the workplace (published May 2016)
- The Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business: How to build successful and powerful relationships (published November 2017)
Both are available on Amazon.
Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt. I am here to support and guide you.
The learning process I use on Udemy is designed to work with you and the challenges you are facing today and tomorrow. It is practice-driven, evidence-based and directly helps you to improve your capacity to change.
Many of my Udemy courses offer you the chance to win a valuable prize as you work through the course.
All learners gain access to additional resources to develop emotional intelligence outside of Udemy, including a free book, podcasts and subscription to a digital magazine - Ei-Matters.
I look forward to empowering your emotional management.