Making Sense of User Stories
What you'll learn
- A practical (not theoretical) understanding of user stories and how to use them out there in the real world
- A chance to practice these skills through exercises and solutions
- The knowledge you’ll need to apply user stories to your projects and use them effectively
- The ability to use personas to help you find and focus your user stories
- A deep understanding of the 3 C’s model, and the knowledge to apply that model to your stories
- The knowledge you need to build high quality stories, using the INVEST criteria
- Techniques to split large stories into smaller, more manageable ones
- A fun learning experience, complete with examples, exercises, and solutions
- No specialized knowledge or prior experience needed – we’ll go through everything you need to know
Discover the cure for the common course as we take you on a tour through the world of user stories. We’ll have fun along the way (did you know user stories are like video games?), and we’ll dive into the essential terms and concepts you’ll need to effectively apply user stories to your projects.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- What a user story is and how they can make projects more successful
- Benefits of user stories
- Roles and responsibilities in user stories
- How to identify, analyze, and build personas
- How to use those personas to write stories that will really meet your users’ needs
- The 3 C's of a good user story (Card, Conversation, and Confirmation)
- How to use the 3 C's to write your stories
- All about epics and themes
- How to use themes to organize your stories
- How to use INVEST to make sure your stories are of good quality
- Techniques to effectively break down epics into smaller stories
And through the whole class, we’ll use real world examples and exercises to help reinforce the ideas and give you the chance to practice. In this short course, you’ll get the skills you need to start applying user stories to your projects right away.
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners
- Project Managers
- Anyone who wants an in-depth understanding of user stories and how they can help projects succeed
We are a group of business and IT professionals who are passionate about what we do, and passionate about teaching others. We’ve helped companies large and small in areas such as strategic planning, project and program management, requirements elicitation and management, and business modeling and architecture, and we’re taking some of our most popular courses and making them available on Udemy.
We call ourselves the cure for the common course - we believe learning should be fun, not forced. It should be relevant and real-world. Our goal is to take complex concepts and ideas and make them simple. We want to help you take these ideas and immediately apply them to real projects in real companies.