Making a Social Media Gameday Advertisement
- Advanced Photoshop knowledge of guides, subject selection, color correction, blending modes, shapes and masks
Students will learn how to develop a small social media advertisement for college football. They will begin by creating a new document and selecting a subject. Then, they will set up the background of the document. Next, students will add type to the document, add shapes and develop a hierarchy of information. After that, they will add images to the background and export the files.
- Advanced photoshop users breaking into the sports design industry
- Introduction, Subject Selection and Importing Document Files
- Canvas Prep, Guides and Background Set Up
- Importing Additional Images into Photoshop and Adding Text and Shapes
- Resizing Text and Using the Camera Raw Filter, Gradient Maps, and Blending Modes
- Exporting and Saving Files
I am a student in the Visual Arts MFA program at Jacksonville University. I am also a Graphic Designer in the Jacksonville University Athletic Department. I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. I have always had a passion for design. When I played sports, I used to enjoy how all of the plays fit together. My passion for fitting elements together is why I enjoy graphic design.