Make Yourself Clear
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in sales, training, management, or client/customer service will be helpful for contextualizing our examples and methods. However, it is not required.
Selling is teaching. Leading is teaching. Training is teaching. Providing great customer support and client service is teaching. Make Yourself Clear articulates and amplifies the opportunities for cross-industry learning between businesses and schools. Educational research-driven practices — including formative assessment, designing for understanding, personalized feedback, and differentiated instruction — can and do drive results in corporate environments. Engaging and accessible, this course is a must-have resource for anyone wishing to approach his or her workplace as a high-level, supportive learning environment. The business case for teaching has never been more clear.
- Sellers who are passionate about forming lasting relationships with customers and improving themselves and those whom they serve.
- Leaders who recognize that being a supervisor is more than telling people what to do; it is about helping them get better at what they do in service of the organization.
- Trainers who are trying to teach and reach more learners, more efficiently and more effectively.
- Service and support professionals who want to do more than just get the project or task done.
- Welcome to the course!00:26
- Working at the Intersection of Business and Teaching04:38
- Introduction to Authenticity03:05
- Acceptability Audit2 questions
- Introduction to Immediacy03:31
- Introduction to Delight01:50
- Construct A Profile2 questions
- Quick check for understanding4 questions
- Win Win Win Scenarios03:55
- Your Win-Win-Win1 question
- Recovering Human Judgment04:11
- Thank you00:41
- Special Content: Reshan and Steve's Interview on Inside Personal Growth46:34
Dr. Reshan Richards is adjunct assistant professor at Teachers College, Columbia University, associate at Columbia University’s School for Professional Studies, and Chief Learning Officer at Explain Everything, which he co-founded. Reshan also teaches Startup 101, an entrepreneurship course at Montclair Kimberley Academy in NJ and works with school leaders all over the world through the Global Online Academy network.
Reshan is the author of Blending Leadership: Six Simple Beliefs for Leading Online and Off and writes a monthly column about leadership and technology on EdSurge. His research on mobile technology and assessment has been recognized internationally in publications such as the Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, the International Journal of Instructional Media, and most recently in the Handbook of Mobile Learning in the Contemporary Classroom.
An Apple Distinguished Educator and member of Mensa, Reshan has an Ed.D. in Instructional Technology and Media from Teachers College, Columbia University, an Ed.M in Learning and Teaching from Harvard University, and a B.A. in Music from Columbia University.