Make Your Own Games for Web, Mobile and Desktop
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write a simple game
- Understand the key concepts in game development
- Know the basic language syntax to start writing your own games
Now we add the sounds and the high score. If you want to download the software (cfxr on Mac or sfxr on Windows) then the links are in the links file in the supplementary material.
The zip file in the supplementary material contains the code for this chapter and the associated sounds.
- Mac or Windows PC
- We use a free version of the tool with instructions on how to download it
Always wanted to make your own game but don't know where to start or think you lack the skills to do so? Not so! This course introduces you to an extremely powerful, easy to use tool which lets you write games for just about every platform in existence!
We are using something called 'monkey' which if you have programmed before has a syntax which is a mix of BASIC and C. If you have never programmed before then you are gently introduced to the syntax and core concepts of the language to create a game.
Want to make games for the web that run in any web browser or use flash? No problem. Want to use that same code to run your game on iPhone, Android, Windows mobile? Again, no problem.
Want to run your game on desktop, windows, mac, linux? This tool lets you do all this and more, using a simple language that is easy enough for beginners to start learning to code and powerful enough for experienced programmers to create anything they want.
- Beginners who have never programmed who want to learn how to create games
- Experienced programmers who are looking for a single tool that lets them target ALL major platforms from one codebase!