Make WordPress Hosting Easy with Plesk on Linode
- Basic understanding of concepts such as "website," "IP address," "firewall," "server," and "DNS".
Do you want to move from a slow and limited shared hosting account to your own lightning-fast cloud server, but are afraid it will be too difficult? Do you want to make WordPress hosting simple by offloading time-consuming operations like deployments, updates, and staging? If your answer to either of these questions is yes, then this course is for you!
In this course, you will learn how to set up your own private server on Linode. With the help of the powerful yet simple Plesk hosting platform, you will be able to deploy a new WordPress website or move your existing website to your own new virtual server. You will also master the WordPress Toolkit, an extension to Plesk that takes care of time-consuming WordPress maintenance tasks, including security, regular updates, and creating a staging environment.
- Beginner web professionals curious about website hosting on Linode.
- Web professionals interested in moving from a shared hosting setup to a private virtual server in the cloud.
- Signing up with Linode01:03
- Deploying a Plesk Server02:59
- Logging in to Plesk Onyx for the First Time02:17
- Overview of the Plesk Platform03:13
- Pointing Your Domain Name to Your Server Using DomainConnect02:28
- Pointing Your Domain Name to Your Server Using Host Records02:57
- Pointing Your Domain Name to Your Server Using Linode DNS03:56
- Securing Your Plesk Server03:08
- Before we continue…00:49
- Introducing WordPress Toolkit02:55
- Creating a New WordPress Website01:14
- Importing Your Existing WordPress Website to Plesk01:24
- Managing a Remote WordPress Website01:23
- Securing Your WordPress Websites01:22
- Updating WordPress on Your Website02:40
- Setting up Automatic Updates for WordPress Websites01:06
- Creating a Staging Environment01:00
- Publishing from Staging to Production01:09
- Setting Up the Domain's Mail DNS Records: MX, SPF, DKIM03:04
- Setting Up WordPress to Send Mail through Plesk's Mail Service02:27
- Bonus Lecture: Thank You and Good Bye!00:27
Plesk is an innovative and highly popular WebOps and hosting management platform for web agencies, web developers, IT administrators, and service providers. Plesk University is a free online training and certification resource, full of interactive and immersive courses, which anyone can use to learn all about Plesk and its extensions.