Make WordPress Hosting Easy with Plesk on DigitalOcean
- Basic understanding of concepts such as "website," "IP address," "firewall," "server," and "DNS".
- Web browser and SSH terminal (e.g., PuTTY).
Do you want to move from a slow and limited shared hosting account to your own lightning-fast cloud server, but are afraid it will be too difficult? Do you want to make WordPress hosting simple by offloading time-consuming operations like deployments, updates, and staging? If your answer to either of these questions is yes, then this course is for you!
In this course, you will learn how to set up your own private server on DigitalOcean. With the help of the powerful yet simple Plesk hosting platform, you will be able to deploy a new WordPress website or move your existing website to your own new virtual server. You will also master the WordPress Toolkit, an extension to Plesk that takes care of time-consuming WordPress maintenance tasks, including security, regular updates, and creating a staging environment.
- Beginner web professionals curious about website hosting on DigitalOcean.
- Web professionals interested in moving from a shared hosting setup to a private virtual server in the cloud.
- Bonus lecture: About Plesk Obsidian
- Signing Up with DigitalOcean
- Creating an SSH Key Pair on MacOS or Linux
- Creating an SSH Key Pair on Windows
- Deploying a DigitalOcean Droplet with Plesk Onyx
- Logging in to Plesk Onyx for the First Time
- Overview of the Plesk Platform
- Pointing Your Domain's DNS to Your DigitalOcean Droplet with DomainConnect
- Using DigitalOcean DNS Service for DNS Hosting
- Securing your Plesk Server
- Before we continue…
- Introducing WordPress Toolkit
- Creating a New WordPress Website
- Importing Your Existing WordPress Website to Plesk
- Managing a Remote WordPress Website
- Securing Your WordPress Websites
- Updating WordPress on Your Website
- Setting up Automatic Updates for WordPress Websites
- Creating a Staging Environment
- Publishing from Staging to Production
- Setting Up the Domain's Mail DNS Records: MX, SPF, DKIM
- Setting Up WordPress to Send Mail through Plesk's Mail Service
- Bonus Lecture: Thank You and Good Bye!
Plesk is an innovative and highly popular WebOps and hosting management platform for web agencies, web developers, IT administrators, and service providers. Plesk University is a free online training and certification resource, full of interactive and immersive courses, which anyone can use to learn all about Plesk and its extensions.