• Video Journalism Trainer & Consultant
• Author, "Mobile Journalism" (2020) & "Smartphone Video Storytelling" (2018)
As a media development trainer, Montgomery leads programs in Video Reporting, Digital Transformation and Broadcast Television in more than 40 countries.
He produce workshops with journalists and TV correspondents for Reuters, CNN, IREX, The New York Times, Journalism Co UK, Mediacorp, Radio Free Europe, TVN, BILD, and VRT public broadcasters.
Montgomery teaches at journalism schools in Paris, Berlin, London, Cairo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Singapore.
His Smart Film School certificate courses and textbooks are accredited by more than 100 schools and universities.
• Former editor: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times
• Journalism professor
• Digital Transformation consultant for United Nations, Reuters Foundation, Red Cross, IREX, WAN-IFRA, and HT Media.
• Filmmaker / Winner of Film Festivals in L.A., Berlin and Moscow.
• Chair, Mobile Journalism Awards
• Mobile Creator
Smartphone Video Storytelling (2018 Taylor & Francis, New York & London)
Videos mit dem Smartphone (2019 dPunkt Verlag - German language edition)
Mobile Journalism (2020 Visual Editors, Chicago)