Make Power Wheels Faster With Aftermarket Batteries
What you'll learn
- How to find Power Wheels vehicles for cheap or free
- How to modify a Power Wheels vehicle to go 50% faster
- How to modify a Power Wheels to last twice as long
- How to use better and cheaper after market batteries instead of Power Wheels batteries
- How to use a better charger instead of the Power Wheels charger
- You will need some basic wire crimpers/cutters and supplies which we will go over in detail in the course.
In this course I will teach you everything you need to know step by step by step to make a Power Wheels vehicle go faster using aftermarket batteries. I will go over the exact tools and materials need to complete this course successfully including:
- Wire Crimpers
- Inline Fuse Holders
- Bullet and Spade Connectors
I will provide direct links to all of the tools and materials I recommend and personally use myself. Then I will teach you the basics of voltage and amp hours along with an introduction to the after market batteries that I recommend. After that I will teach you how to prepare an aftermarket battery for use in a Power Wheels. This includes preparing an inline fuse holder that will replace the built in circuit protection that comes with Power Wheels branded batteries. I will also teach you how remove the stock female connector that you can use with your after market batteries as a way to not have to cut the wires on your vehicle. Then we will go over charging, which charger to buy and why. I will talk about the main benefits of going with an after market charger.
Finally, we will get to the good part where we will wire a 12 volt and a 6 volt battery together in series which will make your vehicle go 50% faster. We will end with some tips and tricks and even let you watch me during a live demo as I do an intake on two vehicles that I just recently picked up from a thrift shop.
You are going to love this course. THIS is the course I wish I would have had when I was getting started. I look forward to seeing what you will build!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for absolute beginners excited to tinker with their Power Wheels and save money on batteries!
Hello! I'm James and I have over 15 years experience in IT. I am a full-time AWS Solutions Architect and Trainer for Brigham Young University. Before that I was a Java Developer on the Les Schwab Tires Point of Sale Project. I hold the Solutions Architect Associate Certificate from AWS and look forward to teaching you all things Amazon Web Services!