Teach on Udemy- Become an Online Instructor - Unofficial
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use Camtasia Studio to record screen capture video and edit into a final course video
- Navigate around the Udemy system, identifying good course opportunities
- Pick and use the correct software and equipment for creating high quality video tutorials
- Plan out a course and understand how to structure the course.
- Use several different lecture formats to deliver the course content
- Add quizes to a course, to test the understanding of their students
- Add a variety of different effects, transitions and callouts to a video, to better engage the student
- Effectively use zooming and panning to make sure students on mobile devices can easily follow the course as well
- Successfully submit a course to the Udemy review team and get it accepted
- Correctly price their course
- Understand the importance of free preview lectures
- Create and deploy coupons
- Create hyperlinks to their course, ensuring they'll get maximum royalty on any sale
- Promote their course using a variety of free methods
- You should have a basic knowledge of using your computer.
- Students will need an enthusiastic approach to teaching.
- You will need to invest time into your course creation
- While this course shows you how to use Camtasia Studio for free, you will eventually have to invest in this software, or use one of the free screen recorders and editing suites mentioned in the course.
- You will need a microphone. Any microphone can be used, but I highly recommend a specific quality (though cheap) USB microphone for better audio quality when you can afford to.
This course is not sponsored by or affiliated with Udemy, Inc.
Become an online Instructor on Udemy
Udemy is an established online training platform with over 295 million course enrolments (April 2020) in 65+ languages. Udemy offers over 150,000 courses, taught by more than 57,000 instructors.
In my first year as a teacher on Udemy (2015), I made an income of over $50,000 - you can see the proof in the first few preview lectures in the course. In 2020, at the time of writing this, I have 28 courses and over 87,000 students. Udemy has huge potential for a relatively passive income, and Udemy is still growing.
No list required...
That's right, I made the majority of that income without using my own list. Udemy have their own fantastic promotional tools, and I'll show you how to get up and running with them as quickly as possible.
Unsolicited Testimonials: "Thanks for this course as it started me off on Udemy. Progressing well with my Udemy business still growing on 8 courses now with monthly over $700 last month should be similar this month. " Rob Wilson (October 2015).
"A very big thank you, Andrew, for the course on creating a Udemy course. What was insurmountable...has been achieved. I've wanted to teach online, and knew I had great content...but it simply seemed too daunting. Well, I went live just today. And it's because of your course.
I'm taking your advice on making it free for a while to gain students. So far, I have 300. Your course was exactly what I needed. From one teacher to another...Thank you". Mike (March 2016).
So what will you learn in this course? Well the main goal is to:
Learn How to Quickly Create High Quality Udemy Courses and Become a Successful Online Instructor
The course achieves that by breaking everything down into bites sized pieces. You'll learn how to:
Create high quality Udemy courses quickly.
Brainstorm course ideas, and use those brainstorming sessions to structure your course.
Earn a monthly passive income from your courses.
Use the same tools that professionals use to create your first course.
Promote your courses using free resources.
Get lots of students quickly, and the importance of social proof on Udemy.
Promote your courses in a way that maximizes your royalty per sale.
Price your courses for maximum sales.
About the Instructor
Learn from an ex-school teacher, with over a decade of online teaching experience.
As a newbie instructor on Udemy, Andy went from $0 to over $3,000 per month within 3 months on Udemy.
This course takes you by the hand and guides you through the design and implementation of your very own Udemy course.
We'll start off by taking a look around Udemy, what they offer and how you can identify areas you might want to cover in your own course.
I'll then introduce you to the tools you will need for the course, including the trial version of Camtasia Studio. You'll have 30 days to use the trial, which should be plenty of time to get your first course created.
We'll then brainstorm the topic we want to teach by mind-mapping, and then turn that mind map into a skeleton structure for your course.
Once that's done, we'll take a look at the various lecture formats you can choose from. You'll also learn how to create quizes to let your students self-test as they go.
Since Udemy prefer video format lectures, that's what we'll focus on. You'll learn how to create screen capture video tutorials, and then edit and upload them to build your course.
After you go through the final steps to upload and submit your course, you'll learn some easy ways to promote your course and the best price to charge.
This course is suitable for anyone with a desire to teach, no experience required.
By the end of the course, you will know how to design a comprehensive, quality course and then record and edit high quality instructional video lectures. Using Udemy's intuitive instructor tools, you'll be able to upload your course and promote it using your own coupon codes. The best part of all is that Udemy will also be promoting your courses for you.
- This course is for anyone wanting to become an online instructor.
- This course is for anyone that wants to make a second (or even primary) income, teaching online.
- This course is not for you if you do not have at least a few spare hours per week to work on their course
In the last video, we were still a week away from the end of May. So how did May end up?
I've now been an instructor on Udemy for over 5 years, so let's see how my career on Udemy panned out.
Udemy is a well established platform for online learning and this lecture will show you just how popular it is and why you need to be teaching your courses on Udemy. We'll also have a look at the Udemy interface, and highlight the features you'll need to find the best possible course for you to teach.