Mobile App Development for Beginners (Swift 3, iPhone iOS10)
What you'll learn
- After completing this course, you'll be able to call yourself an iOS developer
- You'll be able to create your own apps.
- You'll be able to work as a freelance app developer (on small projects).
- You must own a Mac (MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini, etc.) capable of running Xcode.
- You should be familiar with how to use a Mac.
- You should have a strong desire to learn programming.
Looking for an app development course that doesn't confuse you? This course is designed to teach you how to build 10+ iPhone apps (using Swift 3 and Xcode 8) with easy step-by-step instructions.
Become an app developer!
This course will give you the basic skills needed to call yourself an app developer. Whether you need to start creating apps for you job or you want to earn money as a freelance developer, this course will get you started designing and building your own apps.
In this course, you will develop 10 beautiful, professional quality apps.
You don't need any previous programming skills. You simply need a desire to learn how to develop apps and a Mac computer.
The course is app-based, which means you will build a complete and professional app step-by-step during each section of the course. No other course teaches you this same way.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
1. Design and build 10 real apps.
2. Call yourself an app developer.
3. Create your own apps worthy of publishing to the app store.
Below is a summary of just some of the things you will learn:
1. How to use popular objects like UILabel, UIButton, UITextField, UITextView, UIImageView, etc.
2. How to use Auto Layout to design the perfect User Interface for all devices.
3. Introduction to Stack View and how it works with Auto Layout.
4. UINavigationController and its properties.
5. Segue and sending data to other screens.
6. How to add and customize app Launch screen.
7. How to create multiple-sized icons and how to add icons to apps.
8. How to resolve build-time issues and run-time errors.
9. How to debug view hierarchy.
10. How to deal with memory issues and what they mean for your app.
11. Understanding app delegates and their methods.
12. Understanding the differences between ViewDidLoad and ViewWillAppear.
13. How to read Apple API documentation and Class references.
14. How the coordinate system works on iOS.
15. How to create IBOutlets and IBAction for objects.
16. Introduction to Swift 3.0 basics like data types, operators, “if...else” statements, switch statements, arrays, dictionaries, etc.
17. Different ways to dismiss the keyboard.
18. Using multiple storyboards in your Xcode projects.
19. How to pop or dismiss a view controller.
20. Using UITabBarController.
21. How to use UISegmented Control and UISwitch.
22. How to use Userdefaults to save small data.
23. How to read from the Plist file.
24. How to create and work with custom classes in your projects.
25. Using tags to identify objects in your view.
26. How to use constant file to manage your app data.
27. Using app delegate to call functions from other view controllers.
28. How to use UIPickerView and UIDatePicker.
29. How to work with UITableViewController and UITableView Object.
30. How to import photos from your photo library.
31. How to access the iPhone camera to take pictures.
32. How to work with UICollectionViewController.
33. How to display interactive alerts with UIAlertControllers.
34. Object-Oriented Programming concepts such as Structs, Enumerations, Classes, Inheritance, Extensions, etc.
35. Saving with NSCoding.
36. How to record and play audio in apps.
37. How to use a timer to display countdowns.
38. How to play videos in a custom-sized view.
39. How to display user locations on a map.
40. How to search a map for popular locations.
41. How to display rich local notifications to users with videos and images.
42. How to share with SMS, Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
43. How to use SFSafariViewController to display web content in your app.
You'll learn how to become an app developer with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction.
I'm always here to answer questions as you go in the class discussion boards or through direct messaging.
My goal is to make you an app developer. Please enjoy some of the Free preview lectures to get you started or click the Take This Course button and join the course today.
Who this course is for:
- Any beginner who wants to build their own app.
- Someone new to iOS app development.
- Any beginner with a strong desire to learn programming on the Apple iOS platform.
Dee has developed over 120 apps for clients, including both individuals and start-ups, from around the world. The apps range from basic to very complex, some of which can be found on his website. Dee’s passion for computer programming began in 2006 with his first contact with Java programming language. He continued to learn different languages, including Microsoft ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails, C#, some PHP and HTML and CSS. Dee briefly pursued a MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) certification before he decided he wanted to become a full-time programmer. He achieved a Microsoft Certified Professional status. For the last 4 years, Dee has been programming the iPhone using Objective-C and Swift language.
In 2013, Dee decided to further his education in Software Development by earning a distinction in his Masters of Software Engineering degree from Queen Mary University. He graduated with a 1st class in BSc Computing in his first degree.
One of Dee’s passions is tutoring. His first YouTube channel video tutorial was uploaded in 2007 where he was teaching PHP, but he later created Microsoft ASP.NET video tutorials and Visual Studios. He has a genuine interest in ensuring that learners understand whatever topic is being presented.
Dee currently resides in the UK as a freelancer. He prides himself on his creativity in taking customers ideas from the paper to the app store. Two of the apps he developed received funding from angel investors and he is a co-founder of a New Zealand start-up currently valued at over $1 million.
You can be assured of Dee’s courses and credentials. His dedication and commitment to his work and support will be of exceptional quality and he can teach you how to become an app developer. See you inside.