Make it with Clay!
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- We'll start making pottery with basic pinch pots but then we'll learn a number of ways to transform those into cups, bowls and a variety of sculptures. Then we'll move on to other ceramic methods like coil, slab and glazing methods.
- No prior knowledge necessary, but you'll need a few pounds of clay, a needle tool, fettling knife and serrated rib. You'll also need access to a kiln; many community centers will fire your work for a fee.
This class isn't just for beginners, it will also help those who have experience with clay. It's like doing lay up drills even though you already know how to play basketball. I'm going to break down each project and each skill so that you can be confident in your practice. I've been doing this a long time and can help you avoid common mistakes made by new ceramic artists. We'll have fun learning pinch, coil and slab construction as we make both pottery and sculpture. Since I have both a teaching degree and a MFA in Ceramics you can trust me to help you, Make it with Clay!
- This course is designed for the at home learner with tips thrown in for beginning ceramics teachers who want to freshen up their curriculum.
- You don't need a whole art studio, just a corner of your kitchen or garage and access to a kiln. There are often community centers and pottery shops that will fire your work for a small fee.