Loud And Clear: Make Better Voice Recordings Now
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to record your voice with a microphone and improve the quality of the recording with free software.
- Set up your room!
- Choose the right mic!
- Place the mic properly!
- Adjust all levels!
- Record in high quality!
- Remove background noise!
- Use EQ to boost wanted and cut unwanted frequencies!
- Compress the material for more loudness and presence!
- Add fx for a warm sounding voice!
- You should have a microphone and an audio editing software of your choice at hand.
- You should have the ability to download and install software and vst/au plugins on your computer.
About this course:
- Latest Update: I added another bonus lecture at the end of the course. This time, I used a small clip-mic that can be used for talking head videos, compared it to my condenser mic and showed a quick treatment to handle the flaws.
- 3 hours of content available!
- 2000+ students already joined the course!
- Free preview lectures available!
Get enrolled today and improve the quality of your vocal recordings!
Quality substance comes in quality wrappings!
Lots of e-learning courses, podcasts and other vocal recordings have superb content, but suffer from poor recordings and audio treatment! The same can be said about some vocal artists: Rappers with great skill and singers with touching lyrics sometimes sound like they recorded the vocals in a bucket and loose lots of the emotional appeal and power they could have!
However: Often, it's NOT the expensive microphone, a high-end preamp or renting a studio for loads of money, BUT room treatment, proper recording technique and some simple tricks to improve the character of your vocal material drastically. This course teaches you how to set up your room, the microphone and shows how to use software solutions to help you to get loud and clear voice tracks!
Lifetime access and a 30 day money back guarantee in case you're not satisfied with the content!*
*May not be available for app-in purchases, please check conditions before buying.
- This course is meant for students who want to record speech for video platforms, audio books, online education, podcasts etc. and like to improve the quality of their voice recordings.
- This course is useful for singers or rappers who like to record the vocals on their own in a home enviroment and like to achieve better recording quality.
Recording levels are vital for high quality recordings. Make sure to record as loud as possible, but not too loud. Normalize the data afterwards to use the headroom to get a nice, loud vocal signal.
Please note: If you're looking for more infomation on the material, be sure to watch the A/B-tests in the Bonus Section!
This bonus lecture tries to clarify some topics that came up in the discussion area. I use the technique of AB-testing to demonstrate how different recording levels and normalization will affect the final noise level.
PLEASE NOTE: The recordings were made intentionally noisy so you could hear the differences clearly. In general, if your recording has such a high noise level, you should take a step back, think about the reasons for the noise and re-record the material to get the highest quality.
This bonus lecture was a suggestion by some students that want to make "talking head" videos and recordings. I bought a quite cheap microphone, record a sentence with the mic and my studio condenser mic simultaneously and point out difference as well as tricks for the treatment.
Please not: The whole audio is NOT processed, so the beginning sounds a bit worse due to the microphone.