Make an Action RPG in GameMaker Studio 2
- Build a 2D action RPG using GameMaker Studio 2
- Program small games using GameMaker Language
- Add simple Inventories to games made in GameMaker
- Program basic enemy artificial intelligence
- Use clever hitbox and hurtbox objects to manage damage
Students will be able to create a character that moves in 8 directions using keyboard input.
Students will be able create their own variables. They will understand the difference between instance, global, and local variables.
- You will need a licensed version of GameMaker Studio 2 or GameMaker Studio 1.4
- Although it is not required, basic programming knowledge will help
- You will need a basic understanding of math
- A love for games and a strong desire to learn how they are created
This course teaches students how to build a polished Action RPG engine inside of GameMaker Studio 2 or GameMaker Studio 1.4. Although the course can be taken using GameMaker Studio 1.4 if you are new to GameMaker I would recommend using GameMaker Studio 2.
Students will learn to program in Game Maker Language (GML).
It will take roughly 10 hours to complete this course.
The course is structured in a way that introduces the different concepts of GameMaker Studio 2 one at a time. The majority of the course is made up of video lectures. Each lecture also contains a GameMaker Project file for the completed lecture.
This course will build and strengthen your programming and game development skills. By the end of this course, you will be ready to tackle a variety of different video game projects using GameMaker Studio 2.
[Note] Music in promo video by Caleb Anderson: Toadtonal@gmail.com
- Anyone who wants to learn to make a 2D Action RPG in GameMaker Studio
- Anyone who wants to learn to make their own 2D games