How to Make a Website Without Coding- WordPress & Web Skills
- 9 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to create a business site with testimonials, clear calls to action, and eCommerce capabilities to sell products online
- Learn to create a blog with images, video, email capture forms, and beautiful share buttons
- Learn to create an online resume/portfolio with visual representation of skills, lightbox for displaying portfolio images, and a simple contact form for others to get in touch
- Choose the right domain name for your site
- Get your web hosting set up
- Learn how to make a logo
- Learn to optimize your website for search engines
- Learn to add and manage content on your website
- Learn how to use some of the best tools for web developers
- Learn how to sell products on your website
- Become proficient in WordPress to create websites for yourself or others
- Learn to create responsive, mobile friendly websites
The main things we'll need to do to get a website live on the internet are:
- Register a Domain Name
- Set Up Web Hosting
- Install WordPress
You'll learn about domain names, what to keep in mind when choosing a name, and how to contact the owner if a domain name is already taken.
You'll see step by step how to register a domain name through NameCheap.
You'll see how to sign up for web hosting at the cheapest possible price.
One cent coupon code: buildwithoutcode1
25% off coupon code: buildwithoutcode
The way you customize a theme varies from theme to theme. You'll learn some of the main ways to customize a theme, see some examples of customizing a theme, and learn what to do if you can't figure out how to customize a certain theme. You'll learn about using a theme's homepage and WordPress support page to help you customize that theme.
Summarizing themes by going through an example of my process for finding and customizing a theme.
I prefer using Disqus to manage comments over the native WordPress comment system. I'll go over some of the advantages of using Disqus, how to get it set up on WordPress, how to edit Disqus settings, and how to manage comments on Disqus. You'll also see how examples of Disqus in action.
You'll learn about the two main ways optimize your website for search engines.
We'll take a look at the actual resume/portfolio website that we're going to build so that you can see all of its features.
We'll take a look at the actual blog website that we're going to build so that you can see all of its features.
We'll take a look at the actual business website that we're going to build so that you can see all of its features.
We'll use the WooCommerce Checkout Manager Plugin to pick and choose which billing and shipping fields we want to show on the checkout page. We'll also use some css to get rid of an unnecessary heading. Here is the css:
- No prior experience required. All you need is internet access!
What if you could learn to make a blog, portfolio, or business website over the weekend? Without prior experience and without writing code.
Now you can.
Learn by making 3 different websitesYou'll learn how to get your website live on the internet (registering a domain name, hosting, etc.), how to use WordPress [dot] org, and other web tips like making a logo and SEO basics.
Then we'll actually build 3 different websites together, step by step, from start to finish. We'll make a blog, a business site, and an online resume/portfolio. Each website is completely responsive, so it will look good on any screen, tablet, or smartphone.
To see the actual websites we're going to build in the course, check out the first video in sections 5, 6, and 7.
Some of the main things you'll learn in the course
- how to use WordPress (dashboard, toolbar, themes, plugins, Jetpack, pages, posts, users, comments, menus, widgets)
- how to choose the right domain name
- how to register a domain name
- how to set up web hosting
- how to install WordPress
- why use subdomains and how to set one up
- how to set up Google Analytics
- how to use Chrome Developer Tools
- how to add an email capture form
- how to add eCommerce capabilities and sell products on your site
- where to get free, commercial-use images
- where to get free, commercial-use web icons
- how to make a logo
- on-page SEO
- off-page SEO
- how to make sure your website looks good on any screen, tablet, or smartphone
- the best free tools for web developers and designers
- tons of topics explained and defined
This course is very comprehensive and packed with content so that you can learn everything you need to know to create a website. And remember, if this course doesn't provide the value you expected, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
- Anyone who wants to create a website for their business (to sell products, showcase services, or display contact info)
- Anyone who wants to create a resume/portfolio website (to display skills, experience, and resume, or showcase past projects and portfolio items)
- Anyone who wants to create a blog (to accompany a business site, capture emails, or as a personal blog)
- Anyone who wants to learn how to develop websites in general
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use WordPress to develop websites