How to Make a Website Without Coding- WordPress & Web Skills
What you'll learn
- Learn to create a business site with testimonials, clear calls to action, and eCommerce capabilities to sell products online
- Learn to create a blog with images, video, email capture forms, and beautiful share buttons
- Learn to create an online resume/portfolio with visual representation of skills, lightbox for displaying portfolio images, and a simple contact form for others to get in touch
- Choose the right domain name for your site
- Get your web hosting set up
- Learn how to make a logo
- Learn to optimize your website for search engines
- Learn to add and manage content on your website
- Learn how to use some of the best tools for web developers
- Learn how to sell products on your website
- Become proficient in WordPress to create websites for yourself or others
- Learn to create responsive, mobile friendly websites
- No prior experience required. All you need is internet access!
What if you could learn to make a blog, portfolio, or business website over the weekend? Without prior experience and without writing code.
Now you can.
Learn by making 3 different websitesYou'll learn how to get your website live on the internet (registering a domain name, hosting, etc.), how to use WordPress [dot] org, and other web tips like making a logo and SEO basics.
Then we'll actually build 3 different websites together, step by step, from start to finish. We'll make a blog, a business site, and an online resume/portfolio. Each website is completely responsive, so it will look good on any screen, tablet, or smartphone.
To see the actual websites we're going to build in the course, check out the first video in sections 5, 6, and 7.
Some of the main things you'll learn in the course
- how to use WordPress (dashboard, toolbar, themes, plugins, Jetpack, pages, posts, users, comments, menus, widgets)
- how to choose the right domain name
- how to register a domain name
- how to set up web hosting
- how to install WordPress
- why use subdomains and how to set one up
- how to set up Google Analytics
- how to use Chrome Developer Tools
- how to add an email capture form
- how to add eCommerce capabilities and sell products on your site
- where to get free, commercial-use images
- where to get free, commercial-use web icons
- how to make a logo
- on-page SEO
- off-page SEO
- how to make sure your website looks good on any screen, tablet, or smartphone
- the best free tools for web developers and designers
- tons of topics explained and defined
This course is very comprehensive and packed with content so that you can learn everything you need to know to create a website. And remember, if this course doesn't provide the value you expected, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to create a website for their business (to sell products, showcase services, or display contact info)
- Anyone who wants to create a resume/portfolio website (to display skills, experience, and resume, or showcase past projects and portfolio items)
- Anyone who wants to create a blog (to accompany a business site, capture emails, or as a personal blog)
- Anyone who wants to learn how to develop websites in general
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use WordPress to develop websites
Here is what some of my students are saying:
“This course was extremely helpful for me. I went from having no experience whatsoever to having my own website in 2 days. It's invaluable for anyone who's thinking of setting up a WordPress website and doesn't have any prior knowledge. The production is great - engaging and informative. I love the way that each bite-sized video automatically loads the next one. Each video is just a few minutes long - so it's not overwhelming. And you even get to know how far along you are in the course as you advance through the lessons. Asking questions is easy through the discussions option - I've asked several 'silly' questions and had them answered quickly and helpfully. You rock Hoku - thank you”
“Very good course on the subject. And what's even better is the support from Hoku. When presenting your 'problem', he answers prompt the solution. This is how all courses should be. Chapeau”
“If you've ever wanted to know how to put up a professional looking website in record time without hiring anyone, this is the course. I'm experienced in setting up WordPress sites, but this course has introduced me to information and techniques that I did not know. Wonderful!”
“I enjoyed this course and learned a lot from it. Hoku was great, answered questions quickly and was very responsive. I recommend this course for anyone wanting to get started with WordPress.”
“The course is very easy to follow, and Hoku is extremely helpful and active. I never find myself growing impatient while going through the lectures as I do with some other courses because Hoku gets right to the point while still making sure not to move too fast which is great for beginners. I definitely recommend this course.”
-Justin Del Toro
“I've really enjoyed taking this course, it's very comprehensive and covers a range of different websites that can be created in WordPress. The tutor is clear and easy to follow with the steps to take easily followed and the video and audio quality of the course is great.”
“Your courses are like one-stop solution to struggling unemployed people to make cool self-intro websites with awesome plugins within minutes. I love your tuts and hope to do more. Cheers.”
“Before I took this course I knew nothing about building a website or Wordpress. This course exceeded my expectations. Hoku explained things very clearly, and he spoke slowly so I could take notes. He's very good at explaining the technical parts and his thought process. I highly recommend this course!”