What you'll learn
- Create a complete driving game in Unity HDRP
- Customise different types of cars
- Add AI cars and an AI waypoint system to your race tracks
- Add a car showroom menu to unlock and buy new cars
- Design your own race tracks in Blender
- Easy to understand coding to make the game work
- You will need a powerful computer capable of running Unity 2021
- An understanding of Unity and C# coding is recommended
Make a complete driving game using Unity.
In this course I will show you how to create your own race tracks in Blender. We will then import into Unity and set up different types of race cars including Formula 1 style and racing cars.
Each car will have its own driving style and you can customise each car in the inspector.
This course will also cover:
Different handling on grass, gravel and road surfaces
Setting up AI cars which will compete against you in race mode.
Checkpoints and lap counting
Keeping track of car positions and displaying finish place at the end of the race
Mini map and mini map markers for all cars
Main menu, race track select menu and a car showroom, so you can buy extra cars.
Choosing different colours for the cars you buy
Leaderboard and race stats
Save system to save your credits and high scores
Race customisation system from the track options menu
Keyboard and gamepad control systems
Terrain sculpting and texturing to add extra details
By the end of this course you will have a complete game that you can continue to develop and add to. You will have also developed the skills to go onto develop your own games.
(Please note this is for computer only, it is not designed for mobile gaming)
I look forward to seeing you in my course.
Who this course is for:
- If you want to learn how to make games in Unity, then this is the perfect course for you
I am a qualified teacher and I have been teaching game design for over 9 years. I have been using Unity since 2013 and I have produced a series of courses showing people how to create games and animations using this game engine.
With over 40,000 students from over 157 Countries around the world, my courses are helping people learn and create at the same time.
I am completely dedicated to helping you on your learning journey. If you have any questions or require any help I am always available and will respond quickly.