Paint 3D Ribbon Roses
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know the tools that will make your 3D paintings
- Know how to get various Ribbon Rose shapes
- Know what many uses you can apply this one method to
- Know how to get glass looking edges with flexible soft paint
- How to get ideas from the "Imagination Tray"
- Assemble some sort of art form with the roses shapes
- Get the free Acrobat reader to open digital handouts & clickable links to supplies
- Willingness to invest time to learn the course, get supplies, and experiment
This course is for those who want to learn a fun new way of painting and all about how to make Ribbon Roses out of thick acrylic paint for sculptural 3D painting. On one end of the Ribbon Rose is the end of a cane walking stick look, and the other side, a rose. This course covers a multitude of ways to get the Ribbon Rose shapes through video examples and handout charts on:
Ways to Roll the Ribbon Roses for Different Looks
How to get the Glass Edges Look
Using the "Imagination Tray" to get Ideas
Painting Demo on using the Palette Knife Technique
- For those who have taken the Simple Sculptural Rose pre-requisite
- Those who want to learn & apply 3D painting skills
- Those who dreamed of being able to paint with dimension but never knew how
- Those who want a fun new way to paint and bored of the usual
- Retirees who would invest in quality supplies and materials for a fun hobby
- Crafters wanting to increase 3D value in their art
- Anyone who wants to knock someone's socks off in amazement of all that can be made from just paint
Download the free Acrobat Reader if you want to save and open any of the course documents.
This is about Who I am as Ruth Collis: my experience, why I'm teaching this class, and why I'm the best instructor for you.
Short comparison of cheaper thick paint to get in larger quantities than what is sold in the craft stores, and find the Paint Conversion Measurements to be of use when ordering from different countries. Convert millimeters and ounces to what you understand and how big that is.
This is a paint chart you can order from Nova Color and get larger amounts of paint for better prices.
Know the difference between the Cane Swirl end and the Rosette end of the Ribbon Rose, and what the secret is to making these cool 3-dimensional roses out of thick paint.
Keep tools used for paint out of the kitchen and not used for food items. Clean separately.
Learn how to manage smaller roses that are harder to stick together at the end than bigger roses.
This section teaches the secret to making the ribbon rose from paint, how to dry, form, and glue it into shape, using a bigger surface to practice on and how to move it easily.
You also know what tools to use and why it's important to get many of the same tool to keep your creativity flowing and not let the paint dry out.
You learned tips on handling shorter-smaller ribbon roses versus longer-bigger ones, how to deal with bubbles in the paint, and ways to hold the rose to glue together without having to hold it in your hand for hours.
Take photos of your creations to keep using your paint strips for other ideas and still remember the neat ones you came up with. Adding a 2nd color could make a neat center swirl.
You now know how the "Imagination Tray" can boost your creativity immensely, have downloaded idea templates to try, and have learn how to not forget what you just discovered by using what tool?
This lesson shows how to use the palette knife to get a wispy artistic background look, how to get the control of a palette knife to work for you, and how to go about choosing some of your colors for adding 3D sculptural paint pieces on top.
Be able to make an easy background with the palette knife, pick colors that look good together, know the dangers of air bubbles, how to have no fear about making a mistake, and some ways to go about using archival glue to placing these 3D paint items.