Mainframe Pi: Turn your Raspberry Pi into a Mainframe
- You need to be familiar about Mainframes to take this course. If you do not know about Mainframes then this course is not for you.
- Raspberry Pi
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- HDMI Cable
- Micro SD card
- MicroUSB charger for Raspberry Pi
- No prior knowledge of Raspberry Pi required
The course has professionally made subtitles(transcripts) in English. There are subtitles in 20 languages in this course.
English, Spanish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Hindi, French, German, Dutch, Irish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Bengali, Dutch, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Thai. Raspberry Pi can be used as a Mainframe emulator.
In this course, i will first teach how to boot up your Raspberry Pi for the first time and then install MVS Turnkey operating system on it.
This can be used to practice JCL and COBOL programs. MVS turnkey system runs on the Hercules Emulator which has the OS/VS2 installed on it.
- Mainframe Enthusiasts
- If you want to boot up your own Raspberry Pi for the first time, then this course will help you
- Hardware required
- Software required
- Installing NOOBS on the SD card
- Booting up Raspberry Pi
- Finishing the setup
- Install MVS on Raspberry Pi
- c3270 Terminal Emulation Installation
- Booting up MVS and Logging on to TSO
- Logoff from TSO and shutdown the MVS
- Connecting to Raspberry Pi using VNC server
- Use Raspberry Pi without Monitor, Keyboard or Mouse
- Allocating dataset on MVS
- Bonus Lecture: Referral Links for my courses
I am a Mainframe Developer and an Electronics & Communications Engineer.
I have more than 7 years of experience in Mainframes.
I published my first Udemy course in Jan 2017. There were no courses about Mainframes on Udemy at that time.
I have since released 5 courses on Mainframes. Over time the content of all these 5 courses has been consolidated into 2 courses.
The first course titled TSO/ISPF is an introductory course about Mainframe Technologies. It is meant for those who have no knowledge about Mainframes and want to have a head start in this field. It covers TSO/ISPF in detail and other Mainframe Technologies like JCL, VSAM, CICS, COBOL. The second course covers JCL in detail.
All my courses are hands-on practical training. I provide the best quality content with professional video editing. You can compare my courses with others and see for yourself.