Main Unit Operations in Chemical Engineering
What you'll learn
- Valve Unit Operation Working and Operating Principles
- Valve Types: Isolation, Control and Check Valves
- Isolation Methods
- Control Valve Working Principle
- Control Valve Flow Characteristics
- Check Valve Working Principle
- Control Valve Sizing
- Pump Unit Operation Working and Operating Principle
- Major Pump Types and Selection
- Pump Head, NPSH, Cavitation
- Centrifugal Pump Performance and System Curves
- Pump Capacity Control
- Multiple Pumps in Operation
- Compressor Unit Operation Working and Operating Principles
- Compressor Power Requirement
- Polytropic and Isentropic Compression
- Compressor Performance Curve
- Compressor Capacity Control
- Gravity Separation, Separators
- Separation Techniques, Phase Diagrams
- Bubble and Dew Point Calculation
- Flash Calculation
- Selection Criterion of Separators
- Common Operating Challenges
- Horizontal and Vertical Separator Sizing
- Heat-Exchanger Unit Operation
- Heat Transfer Mechanisms: Conduction, Convection, Radiation and their combinations
- Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers (Internals, Operating Challenges and Design)
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Main Unit Operations in Chemical Engineering training course mainly focuses on the most essential unit operations utilized in Chemical and allied industries, specifically Oil and Gas Production Plants. Throughout the course, you will be given with five separate chapters dedicated to:
Valve Unit Operation
Pump Unit Operation
Compressor Unit Operation
As you go over the course, you will experience the perfect animation of main unit operations and their design. You will start with Valve Unit Operation Working Principle and will get into its types, application areas. Then, Isolation, Control and Check Valves will be discussed to strengthen the background information about this unit operation. The chapter will be concluded with the Control Valve Sizing session to apply what you have learned.
The next chapter after Valve Unit Operation is Pumps. There, you will start with classification of pumps and their selection and will learn about Pump Head, Cavitation, NPSH and its impact on pump performance. You will continue with Pump Performance and System Curves as another pump performance contributor and will complete the chapter with Multiple Pumps operated in Series or Parallel and Positive Displacement Pumps.
Third chapter within this training course is dedicated to Compressor Unit Operation, where you will learn the following topics in order:
Rotary and Reciprocating Compressors
Centrifugal and Axial Compressors
Compressor Power Requirement
Polytropic and Isentropic Compression
Compressor Performance Curve and
Compressor Capacity Control
The last two chapters will be about Gravity Separators and Heat-Exchangers, where you will start with the Working and Operating Principles of both devices and will get into the their Selection Criterion, Operating Challenges and Design, respectively.
Who this course is for:
- Chemical Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Junior Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Students
Velociss, developed by Velocis Solutions is an online learning platform specifically designed to your learning needs and wants.
At Velociss we value learning and growth more than anything. We are very well aware that the traditional teaching methods have become boring and uncaring. Besides these, the experience and practical skills of best-in-class performers are not available for most of the learners. Not in the classrooms, nor online. We have created Velociss to fill in these voids in learning and growth.
People learn for different purposes. For example, you may want to learn to become a better professional in your field and develop new business skills. Or to build a successful career and become a more efficient and effective manager or business leader. Or you may simply want to start your own business. Whatever you need to learn to unlock your potential, we have it.
We do care about you and want to make your learning journey more enjoyable and productive by enabling the transfer of experience, critical skills, and knowledge of best-in-class performers to anyone, anywhere in an innovative, efficient and effective way. So, let's get started!