MailerLite Classic for Writers
What you'll learn
- Learn how to customize sign-up forms and email templates to match your chosen branding.
- Design an email sequence for new (or pre-existing) subscribers.
- Understand your legal obligations under GDPR and CAN-SPAM.
- Get some ideas for newsletter content and "leader magnets".
- It is assumed that all students have a MailerLite account.
Email marketing is without a doubt one of the best ways that a writer can market their books. You get a direct line into your fans' inbox and you don't run the risk of your social media post never been seen because of changing algorithms. So, that email list is an important component to a writer's platform.
But most writers can't afford to pay $100s of dollars for an email distribution system.
MailerLite is one of the few providers out there that currently offers email distribution management for free to writers, including the ability to have email sequences, multiple sub-groups on your lists, fully branded forms, and forms that can be integrated and embedded into your website. And these are only just some of the features available to those on the free plans.
Learn how to customize the sign-up forms and email templates to match your chosen branding.
Discover how to design an email sequence for new subscribers.
Learn about your legal obligations under GDPR and CAN-SPAM.
Get a few ideas on what you might use as a "leader magnet" or as newsletter content.
This course assumes that you already have a MailerLite account that was created PRIOR to March 22, 2022, using the MailerLite Classic system. But maybe you just aren't sure what to do with it or how to set it up fully so you can use it.
Let's get started and build the tools needed to take advantage of email marketing.
(NOTE: If you created your MailerLite account AFTER March 22, 2022, then this course will contain information that does not match the interfaces that you have available.)
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for writers who are intending to use MailerLite for their email newsletters and other email marketing. This course takes writers through the finer points of the MailerLite system, incorporating consistent branding on sign-up forms and email designs. Discover a few added tricks that writers might find useful.
Kiwi Judy L Mohr is a writer, developmental editor, a writing coach, and a science nerd with a keen interest in internet technologies and social media security. Her knowledge ranges from highly efficient ways to hide the bodies through to how to improve your SEO rankings for your websites. When she isn't writing, editing, or doing something for writing within the local community, she can be found plotting her next foray into mischief.