Magic in Therapy: Mind Control and Protection
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what magical manipulation is, how it works in traditional and modern industrial societies, how modern rational adults can easily and unintentionally succumb to magical manipulation, and how they can protect themselves against this hidden danger.
- No special skills are required, but knowledge of psychology at an elementary level might help understand this course
In this course I explain, how modern rational people can still hold hidden beliefs in magic while being unaware of this at the same time.I show how, in the modern world, people of power use these hidden beliefs in magic for manipulation and mind control and how a person can protect himself or herself from magical manipulation.
In our daily life, we a frequently targeted by various individuals, which offer to us their services with the aim of extracting political, financial, or social profits for themselves. These individuals come from all walks of life: This can be a political candidate, who promises to relieve us from taxes if elected, a religious cult leader, who offers to bring us to heaven if we join the cult, a businessman, who wants us to buy their product, a private medical doctor, who cures for money, a psychotherapist, who suggests that he or she can solve our psychological problems.
While in some cases accepting these offers can be useful, in other cases it can make us an object for magical manipulation without us being aware of that. In this course, I will explain, what magical manipulation is, how it works in traditional and modern industrial societies, and how modern educated adults can easily and unintentionally succumb to magical manipulation. Finally, I will explain how, by following certain rules, you can protect yourself against this hidden danger.
I based this course on my experimental studies of magical thinking and magical behavior in modern people, to which I gave over 30 years of my research. The course contains four sections, eight lectures supplied with appropriate references, four quizzes and a practice exercise.
- This course is meant for students in social sciences, specialists in politics, economics, communication, art, medicine, education and everyone who is interested to learn about magic based mind control in the modern world
In this lecture I will introduce the course and briefly describe the content of the subsequent lectures
•In this lecture I will present an experiment that shows, how people's memory distorts reality in order to “out explain” observed magical events as ordinary tricks, and thus prevent the release of their hidden beliefs in magical powers.
•This distortion, which I call the cognitive defense against magical intervention, appears in older children and adults as a result of suppression that magical beliefs experience from the onset of scientific education.
•Interestingly, in preschool children, who believe in magic openly, the cognitive defense against magical intervention is absent.