TEACHER TRAINING: Teach Artful Meditation to Children
What you'll learn
- Adult students will learn how to teach meditation to children
- How to blend meditation, art, stories, and movement in one class to further your meditation teachings
- 3 fully scripted children's classes with instructions for art projects, meditation, and movement activities provided
- Step-by-step guide to creating your own artful practice and guiding children through 60-90 minute classes
- Tips to improve your own meditation practice and how art creation can improve your mental and physical environment
- Learn how meditation and art can enhance learning, mental resilience, emotional intelligence, relationships with self and others
- Adult students will learn how to design and invent their own meditation tools, art projects and movement activities
- This course will teach adult students how to improve their meditation practice and teach children
- A desire to blend meditation and art into your daily life and those lives around you
This original and inspiring seven-week course guides educators and parents through how to teach artful meditation to children ages 4-11. Students of this course will learn how to guide children through a 60-90 minute class encompassing the blending of art projects, mindfulness techniques, meditation and movement. Participants will learn how to improve focus, calm the mind, enhance emotional awareness, shift thinking from one emotional state to another, and create positive internal experiences that improve how they interact with other people and their environment. The art projects in each course help present these concepts visually, making the class topic easier to understand and ultimately become a practice that acts as an extension of the sitting meditation.
Step-by-step instructions and supplemental materials are provided to prepare you to teach successfully. These include meditation scripts, class outlines, lectures on basic meditation terms and concepts, as well as guidance on how to prepare the proper meditation space, and how to market your gift of meditation instruction in your community.
This course is suggested for educators and parents who are inspired by the concept of mindfulness meditation and how it can help a child improve his or her internal emotional experiences. Ultimately, these lessons are intended to influence how children interact with and move through the world around them with more ease and grace. This course will also help you grow and enhance your own personal meditation practice.
Who this course is for:
- General public
- Those who are creative or wish to become more creative in their meditation practice and teaching style
Kerry Kopasek currently works in the architecture and design industry while utilizing her free time teaching meditation to seriously health challenged clients aboard sailing yachts. Her love for artistic expression, making, and design began at a young age and she has found ways to implement creativity into her daily life. In her early career, she helped design a Buddhist temple in which she started meditating with the guidance of monks in the Gelug tradition. Kerry studied meditation in depth, becoming the Education Program Coordinator and began teaching meditation to children through the temple. Later she continued to offer meditation classes through yoga studios. Blending the healing benefits of meditation, art, and activity has become a passion in which she hopes to spread by teaching her students these concepts and how to grow their own practice within their communities.