Macroeconomics: studying the whole society
What you'll learn
- Understanding the concept of GDP, GNP, NNP, Disposable income.
- Discuss inflation, method to measure inflation, GDP deflator, nominal GDP, Real GDP.
- Describe the economy and the principles of Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply.
- Demonstrate the understanding of monetary policy, money supply, quantity theory of money.
This course introduces key economic indicators, role of government in an economy, measurement of gross domestic product, components of aggregate demand, consumption function and Keynesian multiplier, investment function, government intervention through monetary and fiscal policies, impact of government intervention on economic activity, inflation and unemployment, aggregate supply and demand, balance of payments and trade, public finance, growth, and development.
After completing this course the student will be able to:
1. Analyze the major concept of macroeconomics.
2. Explain how the level of national income determined and measured.
3. Analyze the concept of Consumption, saving and investment.
4. Explain the production function and return to scale.
5. Demonstrate an understanding demand of labor and labor supply.
6. The role money, and relation between money and inflation.
CLO 1. Demonstrate the understanding of the fundamental concepts and mainstream theories and practices in macroeconomics.
CLO 2. Apply basic concepts, theories and models in practical situations, and in both local and international economies context.
CLO 3. Analyze different situations and which monetary and fiscal tools can be used to overcome economic issues.
CLO 4. Make use of the current economic environment in which business decisions are made and present their analysis effectively, both in oral and written forms, while working in teams as well as independently and keep ethical consideration.
Who this course is for:
- This course will be helpful for you understanding in the major concept of macroeconomics and major problems of any economy
Mr. Nasir, a highly skilled and experienced educator, has been teaching at various universities for over a decade. With a PhD in Economics, Mr. Nasir brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom and is dedicated to fostering a passion for learning in his students. Currently, Mr. Nasir is serving as a faculty member at SZABIST Islamabad, one of the leading universities in Pakistan.
Throughout his career, Mr. Nasir had the opportunity to work at a number of different universities, gaining valuable experience and insights along the way. In addition to their academic pursuits, Mr. Nasir has also worked with PLAN Pakistan, a leading non-governmental organization, further expanding their knowledge and understanding of the field. With a deep commitment to teaching and a passion for helping others succeed, Mr. Nasir is a valuable asset to any educational institution.